Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 01:43 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times

Advertisements

How many of the deported are criminals that did their time in jail?

From my understanding, any foreign resident that does jail time is immediately deported.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:45 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Please remember that this discussion must remain about Connecticut. There are other forums to discuss this as a broader topic. I will be monitoring this thread and if it goes off topic I will be forced to shut it down. JayCT, Moderator

Old 09-21-2015, 01:47 PM

854 posts, read 1,240,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheapguy View Post
I'm sure I'm not considering all costs either, but lets start with the instructions you see in merchandise - how many languages now..? Paper, printing, translation, larger packaging all goes along with more pages in more languages for instructions. One of those phrases was missed by some corporate translation ? Now the state or US is into it for law suit and an apology to the person/country/nation/community.
How do you come up with such creative straw-man arguments?

You must have been quite the master debater in high school.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:47 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDex View Post
I agree. As I wrote in a post above the fact that we have sanctuary cities and a Governor who give benefits like drivers licenses to illegals shows that it's very much a state issue.
Like real estate, all politics is local, when you think about it.

I agree with the posters who say to report. Remember the old Janet Napolitano mantra? "If you see something, say something".

The best place to report stuff is local, state and even Federal revenue agencies. They want their money and they want it now. The local constabulary doesn't give a rat's patootie, more often than not, so don't even bother. I recently reported a local roofing contractor. You can do this anonymously. They're happy to check into it.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:07 PM

505 posts, read 428,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Strange that you would say that.

I supposed you think the Bush administration was non-hostile to enforcing immigration laws. How did the "hostile" Obama administration deport more people?

No I also think that Bush was hostile to immigration enforcement. He is responsible for many of the problems we currently have. That being said it doesn't let Obama off the hook.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:08 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,084,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I supposed you think the Bush administration was non-hostile to enforcing immigration laws. How did the "hostile" Obama administration deport more people?
Easy. They changed the way the numbers are counted.

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

Old 09-21-2015, 02:13 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Guys, we're about one post away from having this thread locked. Seriously. Don't let other posters bait you into making this a general discussion on the topic, that's their intention. Connecticut, please. Believe me, you do NOT want to have to discuss this over in the Illegal Immigration forum.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
They are more American because they choose to live here and really appreciate all that it has to offer. The country they come from has had war issues and they like the security this country offers. Most Americans take these things for granted. There will be no war on American soil. We do not have to worry about another country bombing us. I obviously am exaggerating a bit but I am trying to make a point. Just because someone is born in another country does not mean they should not be living here. Jay

Many people choose to live and many more would love to abandon their countries and move here because of the standard of living.

I have traveled extensively and met many foreign immigrants to the U.S. I appreciate the fact that they do their best to integrate but I can't think of a single one I would consider to be "more American". They may be more grateful certainly but that's a different concept.

I'm not against the concept of immigration- but we are discussing illegals particularly. The point is if we want CT to be a great place in the future we have to focus on the types of people we want here and not fall victim to political correctness and allow anybody particularly if they are criminals or need to be supported.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
How many of the deported are criminals that did their time in jail?

From my understanding, any foreign resident that does jail time is immediately deported.
Unfortunately they are not always. I don't have any statistics and have been looking- but here is a link to recent case of an illegal Jamaican immigrant with a criminal record who murder a local girl in her Norwich apartment.

It does happen and while they may not always be murders there are convictions for drugs, theft, scams, etc...

Immigrant who is a convicted felon accused in fatal stabbing | WTNH Connecticut News

Old 09-21-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Please remember that this discussion must remain about Connecticut. There are other forums to discuss this as a broader topic. I will be monitoring this thread and if it goes off topic I will be forced to shut it down. JayCT, Moderator

I don't want this thread locked. It's supposed to be about CT which I why I started with statistics on the state. Each state has to deal with their problem individually.

The point is there are many topics discussing on how to make CT better-especially the ghetto areas of it's cities- and one of the easiest ways would be to crack down on the illegal population and start deporting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut