Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 10:55 PM

174 posts, read 172,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
I dont blame them
I do. I pay my share, as should they. I don't enjoy paying my car tax, but I also don't think it's right for someone to take advantage of a situation and illegally register their vehicle somewhere else.

That being said, I think it's a mixture of rental cars and busy I-95 passing through. Traveling on 95 and side roads near it, I often see a ton of out of state plates. We are a small state - so of course we will see more NY, NJ, MA, PA plates than if we were a state the size of California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 03:28 AM

684 posts, read 812,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedSage58 View Post
I do. I pay my share, as should they. I don't enjoy paying my car tax, but I also don't think it's right for someone to take advantage of a situation and illegally register their vehicle somewhere else.

That being said, I think it's a mixture of rental cars and busy I-95 passing through. Traveling on 95 and side roads near it, I often see a ton of out of state plates. We are a small state - so of course we will see more NY, NJ, MA, PA plates than if we were a state the size of California.
So if you had another address you could use that was out of state you wouldn't use it ? Be honest.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:34 AM

14,054 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Stamford's economy functions at a different tempo compared to much of CT. When you hear that CT's economy isn't producing many jobs or having much growth, it's safe to assume that Stamford probably finds itself on the better part of the trend.
Stamford has NYC economy effect it like outer banks of the yellow zone

Manhattan is like red zone but Stamford is outer edge of extended economy

Old 09-24-2015, 04:41 AM

14,054 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
See a lot of NY State and Florida plates, but more NY plates in Waterbury
Waterbury, Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven is prime migration CT wise for former lower income bronx, brooklyn residents who cant afford city anymore

Old 09-24-2015, 04:45 AM

174 posts, read 172,659 times
Quote:
So if you had another address you could use that was out of state you wouldn't use it ? Be honest.
The problem is these people don't live in these locations for 6 months. They live and work in CT. Many are using relatives addresses and even if their own, it's a weekend place. Also, do you actually think THAT many CT residents have second homes? CT is a wealthy state, but come on

So, no, I wouldn't - unless I were living there for 6 months a year.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:35 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,780,482 times
It doesn't matter. If the car is in ct for over a month, it is supposed to be registered here. And if the owner lives in ct for more than half the year, then ct is where they reside. Even if u have a second home out of ct, it is still tax evasion, and there is a law against it, and fines.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
It doesn't matter. If the car is in ct for over a month, it is supposed to be registered here. And if the owner lives in ct for more than half the year, then ct is where they reside. Even if u have a second home out of ct, it is still tax evasion, and there is a law against it, and fines.
Oh well .

Tax evasion huh? LOL worry about your out of control spending government and corrupt politics first.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:34 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,220 times
Quote:
Oh well .

Tax evasion huh? LOL worry about your out of control spending government and corrupt politics first.
Amazing how someone will encourage people to evade taxes they don't agree with….. guess what? I don't agree with the car tax but I still pay it….and not take illegal moves to avoid it.. so lets screw all the honest people out there right? Class act….

Old 09-24-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Amazing how someone will encourage people to evade taxes they don't agree with….. guess what? I don't agree with the car tax but I still pay it….and not take illegal moves to avoid it.. so lets screw all the honest people out there right? Class act….
If people can get away with it then they do, just like im sure everyone else on this board would do the same thing so lets get over it already. We are hard working people trying to do good. I pay taxes here in CT as well so don't worry. If its such a big problem then the state needs to address it, since they are supposed to work for the people. Speaking of which, Waterbury announced a CAP on the car tax, i believe it is lowered down to 34 mills or something. Finally a start.

How about crying when all the big wall street scum, bank scum, and political scum screw people over ?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:16 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,220 times
Quote:
If people can get away with it then they do, just like im sure everyone else on this board would do the same thing so lets get over it already. We are hard working people trying to do good. I pay taxes here in CT as well so don't worry. If its such a big problem then the state needs to address it, since they are supposed to work for the people. Speaking of which, Waterbury announced a CAP on the car tax, i believe it is lowered down to 34 mills or something. Finally a start.

How about crying when all the big wall street scum, bank scum, and political scum screw people over ?
That's a totally separate issue and one that most people take issue with as well…. doesn't give people the right to evade taxes and no, not everyone on this board would do so if they could. Most of us are honest people… not cheering on people who are intentionally screwing over those honest people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut