Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 627 times

Advertisements

Gathering of the vibes sucks. It could be really fun but it never was. Seaside park is a great place for a fest but I don't think they deserve it. If you can't make money on it then something is wrong, but the way festivals have become such a thing I'm not surprised if things are changing. It's evil, that's what it has been. Total big bro junk. Yes, people do a ton of drugs and think it's their family. Where do the drugs come from? in reality it's a huge corporate event that capitalizes on the drug scene and does absolutely nothing to help legalize drugs or anything else. People think they are free but it's just a lame big bro weekend, full of garbage and trash and ill treatment to people who pay a lot of money to go. The fest propaganda talks about mother earth and farm to table and such but they don't do anything of the sort to help as I see it. I don't know the promoter, he says he is independent, guaranteed wealthy and dealing with major corporate, government concerns. it would be better if it did become more grass roots than dealing with the man. Who cares about emergency services, I am sure they have it covered. I'm sure a couple local stores get some business but not much more. I felt a little sad it is leaving for absolutely no real reason. It's time for a change and I hope it's much better if they come back or they do it somewhere else. I could care less who does drugs or not, I'm not so much into it now, but people older than 27 are doing them, what's the diff, I don't know who will be running the planet in the future. The e they are popping is probably coming out of some corporate lab, I don't think they should be running the show either. Plus, what makes dirty hippies worse than a bunch of dumb yuppies who are all there doing the same exact thing? That's pretty judgmental. Live and let live, just don't vote in my county? For what, pot legalization? It's always been that way, the dreadie dude next to some private school chick with a dead sticker on the Saab. So if it's all wealthy e poppers it's a good old, acceptable time? Time to move on to something healthier and more accepting and loving. Jesus looked like a hippie. There is no one way to be while you're trying to live. I agree with good riddance for my own reasons.

Last edited by everloved; 01-12-2016 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut