Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2020, 05:43 PM

83,281 posts, read 74,503,009 times

Advertisements

Forgot to post this yesterday.

Ridgefield. Fun in the snow

I love unplowed roads/driveways.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 12:33 PM

Day # 6 in a row with snow on ground.

Milford, CT

Flag was as still as a rock.

Milford is so pretty with the snow

Love how they decorate this area.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:24 PM

1,303 posts, read 915,609 times
Southeast on 2

Attached Thumbnails
Photo Thread-drive.jpg  

Old 12-23-2020, 12:40 PM

Day # 8 with snow on the ground.

December 23, 2020

Thinning out by the beach but a record for the month with 6 days in a row with 6"+

Old 12-26-2020, 06:43 AM

Christmas Day Sunset from the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut.

Old 01-10-2021, 04:09 PM

January 10, 2021

I'm never in Windham County but was today.. Reminds me of Litchfield County except the area I was in didn't have old barns and stuff. Seemed a lot "neater" if you will but definitely had that rural feel driving around and lots of Rivers & Brooks and hills.

Dayville, CT

Comes off the Quaddick Reservoir to the north. Anyone get into a trance with the sound of a waterfall?

Nice backdrop. Wish there was snow

What a cool road. Wonder if it gets flooded easy

Thin Ice

Beach across the way. Looks like a trailer park? Or campground?

So one thing I noticed is the abundance of Pine Trees! Not something we have anymore in Fairfield County.

More amazingly....... I seen new seedlings growing and a lot of them! And they didn't have to chop or burn down an area to get new growth.. They seem to be happier up this way. I don't see new Pine seedlings growing as easy in Fairfield County.

Took a walk on a little trail and I saw a lot of this... So nice to see. I would love to come back here in 20 years and see this little tree.

So much land you can have a garage the size of a house. Nice little valley behind there. Must be cool to see the fog or snow come through!

Blue Roof

Then you have this... Tearing down trees and having this ugly treeless complex

Old 01-10-2021, 06:24 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,167,551 times
I noticed some white pines in Redding / along Saugatuck River and in the hills of Ridgefield. But yes, they are not plenty. They used to cut them because pinewood is light and strong, and earlier generations harvested pines for ship building.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I noticed some white pines in Redding / along Saugatuck River and in the hills of Ridgefield. But yes, they are not plenty. They used to cut them because pinewood is light and strong, and earlier generations harvested pines for ship building.
I know they took down a bunch of dead trees in Redding to make way for new trees to grow better. I just don't get how the Pine Trees I saw can grow in the shade without cutting anything down in Windham county and probably Litchfield county too.

I know Pine trees don't like warmth but It's not that much colder up there. Maybe less salt spray from ocean? Weird.
Ohhhhhhh, maybe less ice or heavy cement snow events up there?. That could be it.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:55 PM

6,582 posts, read 3,539,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
January 10, 2021

I'm never in Windham County but was today.. Reminds me of Litchfield County except the area I was in didn't have old barns and stuff. Seemed a lot "neater" if you will but definitely had that rural feel driving around and lots of Rivers & Brooks and hills.

Dayville, CT

Comes off the Quaddick Reservoir to the north. Anyone get into a trance with the sound of a waterfall?

Nice backdrop. Wish there was snow

What a cool road. Wonder if it gets flooded easy

Thin Ice

Beach across the way. Looks like a trailer park? Or campground?

So one thing I noticed is the abundance of Pine Trees! Not something we have anymore in Fairfield County.

More amazingly....... I seen new seedlings growing and a lot of them! And they didn't have to chop or burn down an area to get new growth.. They seem to be happier up this way. I don't see new Pine seedlings growing as easy in Fairfield County.

Took a walk on a little trail and I saw a lot of this... So nice to see. I would love to come back here in 20 years and see this little tree.

So much land you can have a garage the size of a house. Nice little valley behind there. Must be cool to see the fog or snow come through!

Blue Roof

Then you have this... Tearing down trees and having this ugly treeless complex

They say pictures are worth a thousand words. They weren't kidding. Never before was it truer than here. This post. This thread. Wow!
Some think its just a drive thru from NYC to Boston, and that's ok.
CT is chock full of serindipidous delights. It's around every corner of the state. That's a fact. The proof is in the pudding. Here's the evidence. Look, it's all right here. Its physical. Its real. There's no escaping it.

Keep up the great work

Old 01-27-2021, 06:14 AM

Wish everyday in winter looked like this! Just a beautiful morning. 1.5" snow

January 27, 2021

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut