Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 04:07 PM

109 posts, read 161,075 times

Advertisements

I recently had an emergency and was extremely impressed with Norwalk hospital. Yes I had some waits, but the staff (everyone - from the valet parkers to the nurses, doctors, surgeons) was exceptional - caring and compassionate - felt I was in great hands.
I haven't given birth there, but I wouldn't hesitate to use Norwalk again. Plus its probably the closest for you and super easy to get to off 95.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 04:46 PM

25 posts, read 28,854 times
I gave birth at Norwalk Hospital in 2014 and I would absolutely go back, without hesitation. I had heard horror stories about the ER there and I was worried, but the L&D department feels like another planet. Everything was clean, the nurses were very friendly and knowledgeable, and it was a peaceful stay for me (I was there for several days post C-section). On the last day they gave my husband and me a "Champagne Breakfast", which was very nice. The food wasn't even that bad - I put it on par with Panera Bread (not sure what it's like now though). During my pregnancy I had thought about going to Greenwich Hospital too because of the "lovely hotel" atmosphere, but I'm so glad I went with Norwalk.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:04 PM

12 posts, read 11,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarot View Post
How is Bridgeport Hospital? This information is good to know even though kids probably won't be entering the picture for another year or two. That's the hospital closest to us, but is it worth going to Norwalk instead?
Bridgeport serves an area with a high number of uninsured patients and is overwhelmed and under-resourced. They are part of Yale-New Haven and have amazing staff but they have to deal with a constant stream of trauma cases and other issues that are not as prevalent in Norwalk, Stamford or Greenwich.

We are in Wilton and in an emergency I would go to Norwalk because it is close and time is tissue, so to speak, but long term Greenwich has nicer facilities, private rooms and other things that a hospital that isn't overwhelmed by being used by people with no other option can offer.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:27 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracuse44 View Post
Bridgeport serves an area with a high number of uninsured patients and is overwhelmed and under-resourced. They are part of Yale-New Haven and have amazing staff but they have to deal with a constant stream of trauma cases and other issues that are not as prevalent in Norwalk, Stamford or Greenwich.

We are in Wilton and in an emergency I would go to Norwalk because it is close and time is tissue, so to speak, but long term Greenwich has nicer facilities, private rooms and other things that a hospital that isn't overwhelmed by being used by people with no other option can offer.
Every hospital serves uninsured patients and there are more than you think at each hospital. Yes, it's a trauma center which is necessary, but has no effect on the L&D department. BH is not underresourced at all either, any expectant or laboring mom in trouble at my small hospital will be sent to Bridgeport because they have what's needed to handle high risk deliveries and newborns.

Greenwich is beautful with a huge amount of donations coming in annually, but plenty of people capitalize on it without paying. I remember hearing some nurses joke that if you just go into GH and say you want to hurt yourself, you will have a gorgeous room and treatment for a few days.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:26 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Every hospital serves uninsured patients and there are more than you think at each hospital. Yes, it's a trauma center which is necessary, but has no effect on the L&D department. BH is not underresourced at all either, any expectant or laboring mom in trouble at my small hospital will be sent to Bridgeport because they have what's needed to handle high risk deliveries and newborns.

Greenwich is beautful with a huge amount of donations coming in annually, but plenty of people capitalize on it without paying. I remember hearing some nurses joke that if you just go into GH and say you want to hurt yourself, you will have a gorgeous room and treatment for a few days.
St. Vincents is a level one trauma center (BH is not) where all the serious turf/drug war victims are sent.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:29 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post

This.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,036 times
I need a new OBGYN that is excellent and affiliated with Greenwich Hospital. I live in Easton, CT. All of the doctors I have seen are affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital which does not have good reviews. Please help!!!

Old 06-11-2017, 09:29 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom84 View Post
I need a new OBGYN that is excellent and affiliated with Greenwich Hospital. I live in Easton, CT. All of the doctors I have seen are affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital which does not have good reviews. Please help!!!
Why go all the way to Greenwich? Seems far for no good reason. If you don't like Bridgeport Hospital, try St. Vincent's or Norwalk. Both are a lot closer and I know many that have given birth at them and we're pleased. Jay

Old 06-11-2017, 11:49 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom84 View Post
If you are in Easton why not go to Norwalk? Western CT Health Network is very forward thinking when it comes to women's/infants care, and you will likely have an easier time finding a doc that delivers there.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:14 PM

326 posts, read 718,953 times
Since I am thinking about moving, being near good rated hospitals is a big concern of mine and I did tons of research, right now Danbury Hospital is rated better than Greenwich Hospital according to reviews I've read. Additionally, with the new adminstration in D.C. talking about giving some control back to the states regarding medical coverage, we don't know what states might not have coverage for pre-existing conditions. NY, NJ and a few NE states (not CT.,) always covered pre-existing conditions. It's not the best time to move with medical coverage issues in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut