Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 10:25 PM

34,046 posts, read 17,064,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
. But I won't just come and go with doctors' appointments without asking or letting my manager know first. I'll just have to get a feel for this company's culture and mentality, but I will proceed with caution of course.

I will do my best to get cable TV and internet as soon as possible. How the hell can I live without internet for weeks? That's very hard to do in this day and age. And it's an election year, so I like to watch debates and every single primary election night.

Ask about all appointments many days before setting them. And for months, short of an emergency, delay them.

People live w/o cable and the internet all the time. My FIOS install was on a Saturday, 3 weeks after I moved in. I survived.

You could easily get the internet via a card from isps offering month-month until a Saturday appointment for WiFi from a cable/net provider is available.

Prioritize the job this time. Because if you mess this up, explaining away 2 consecutive failures may not be possible.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:41 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Ask about all appointments many days before setting them. And for months, short of an emergency, delay them.

People live w/o cable and the internet all the time. My FIOS install was on a Saturday, 3 weeks after I moved in. I survived.

You could easily get the internet via a card from isps offering month-month until a Saturday appointment for WiFi from a cable/net provider is available.

Prioritize the job this time. Because if you mess this up, explaining away 2 consecutive failures may not be possible.
I need to be able to watch every single debate and primary that occurs between now and June. I'll figure out a way to do it without jeopardizing my job. Who knows...maybe I can easily get a cable appointment at 6 pm or the immediate Saturday or something.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I need to be able to watch every single debate and primary that occurs between now and June. I'll figure out a way to do it without jeopardizing my job. Who knows...maybe I can easily get a cable appointment at 6 pm or the immediate Saturday or something.

Or for a few weeks, go to a restaurant and watch them.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:47 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Or for a few weeks, go to a restaurant and watch them.
No...it has to be in the privacy of my own home and it must be on MSNBC.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
No...it has to be in the privacy of my own home and it must be on MSNBC.
Go to Mom's that night, but this time, the job must be #1. Explaining 2 firings will not be doable. This job is a must make a fabulous impression situation for you.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 03-11-2016 at 10:59 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 06:22 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,168,214 times
Quote:
In the case of seeing doctors, certain things just cannot wait for months. After all, most employers start health insurance coverage the month following the month in which 30 days of employment have elapsed. What is the point of having health insurance if I cannot see a doctor? In any case, I will be more cautious with doctor's appointments and of course, get manager approval for scheduling appointments. I will minimize the need to see a doctor as much as possible during the probation period. BUT, if there's something health related that needs urgent or critical attention, I will have to make it happen somehow. But I won't just come and go with doctors' appointments without asking or letting my manager know first. I'll just have to get a feel for this company's culture and mentality, but I will proceed with caution of course.

I will do my best to get cable TV and internet as soon as possible. How the hell can I live without internet for weeks? That's very hard to do in this day and age. And it's an election year, so I like to watch debates and every single primary election night.
Necessary appointments as in chiropractors? Haha.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:23 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Necessary appointments as in chiropractors? Haha.
Agreed!

When someone (it could be the OP or anyone) acts like a petulant child that wants the cake and eat it too that only a minuscule percentage of the populous "has rights to" as well as throwing temper tantrums when their so-called felt entitlements that grow every day don't materialize = disaster awaiting to happen.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:43 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,348,545 times
I would like to put NEP's income into perspective. In the US he is in the top 10% of all earners. Put $70,000 into the calculator to see or yourself.

Income Percentile Calculator - Find Your Percent With WhatsMyPercent.com

In the world he is in the top .9 or in other words he is in the top 1% in the world.

The Least of These

Perhaps you should reflect (we all should really) how lucky the circumstances of your birth is and see your glass TOTALLY FULL.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:35 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Since this thread has gone off topic and had a couple of nasty posts, I am shutting it down. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut