Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 02:34 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,626,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I'll be voting for Trump. He makes both parties squirm and I like that.
I'm really surprised at you on this matter.

I have to admit I like that he is shaking things up too, but unless you think his whole persona this campaign is a put-on (which I do think is a possibility), I'm amazed you would want him in a position with that kind of power.. nuke codes, loose lips potentially causing diplomatic catastrophes, etc. Temperament is pretty important.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:38 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax12479 View Post
Not true. Kasich has the best chance of beating Hillary, as he's the only remaining Rep candidate who can appeal to moderates. Unfortunately, he has no chance of getting the nomination unless there's a contested convention. And surely the whack jobs in the Trump camp will riot if their anointed one gets robbed of the nomination, so Trump v Hillary is a foregone conclusion. God help us.

If Republicans Want to Win, They Should Get Behind John Kasich - Fortune
Hmmm, which demographics have started all the riots in recent years? Certainly not the ones who have jobs to go to and meaningful lives to be accountable for. As fun as it sounds to flip cars and set them on fire, I prefer not to destroy the community I live in. I also don't have the time. Too busy making something of my career instead of blaming everyone else for it not being better, faster or more lucrative..

There will be no riots in CT, nor anyone else if Trump doesn't receive nomination. Although the GOP would basically be handing over the election to Hilary as Trumps ego would probably lead him to run (and lose) as an independent candidate. So if anything, us trum supporters will use our JOB provided health insurance to pay for copious amounts of sedatives to make it through the next 4 years.

Last edited by Sigequinox; 03-19-2016 at 04:00 PM..

Old 03-19-2016, 02:43 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
I'm really surprised at you on this matter.

I have to admit I like that he is shaking things up too, but unless you think his whole persona this campaign is a put-on (which I do think is a possibility), I'm amazed you would want him in a position with that kind of power.. nuke codes, loose lips potentially causing diplomatic catastrophes, etc. Temperament is pretty important.
Agree he will need to mature a bit. A counterbalance as VP and carefully selected advisers and cabinet will be important, no doubt. But the leader sets the tone, and the tone needs to be "eff the system". America needs a reboot. America needs a motivated, capable and focused citizen leader, not another politician. All a politician provides us is another 4 years of partisanship in an attempt to get re-elected. No thanks.

Anyone with a long history in CT have any insight as to how a non-democrat president will affect state politics? For example, Malloy likes to brown nose Obama, how would this change the dynamic? does a liberal governor have less clout?

Old 03-19-2016, 04:19 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Agree he will need to mature a bit. A counterbalance as VP and carefully selected advisers and cabinet will be important, no doubt. But the leader sets the tone, and the tone needs to be "eff the system". America needs a reboot. America needs a motivated, capable and focused citizen leader, not another politician. All a politician provides us is another 4 years of partisanship in an attempt to get re-elected. No thanks.

Anyone with a long history in CT have any insight as to how a non-democrat president will affect state politics? For example, Malloy likes to brown nose Obama, how would this change the dynamic? does a liberal governor have less clout?
IMO, who the president is has little effect on daily life here in CT.

Trump has potential to change that... and I don't think in a good way.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:36 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
You're looking at it wrong. Bernie is the most electable when polled against the Republican in the GENERAL election. He performs better in the general election than Hillary would. But if you're talking about the primaries only, then yes, Hillary has a significant lead over him.
Meaningless. Rubio beats them all in the general election. But he's sitting at home b/c he can't win the nomination. Gotta walk before you can run.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:34 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,468,918 times
If Trump wins I am moving out of the country and moving to Canada ASAP before Trump turns the US into what Rwanda or Sudan are like now.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:46 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
If Trump wins I am moving out of the country and moving to Canada ASAP before Trump turns the US into what Rwanda or Sudan are like now.
I think it be similiar to Russia and Italy during the 1940s, but that's my paranoid speculation.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:51 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,312,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I think it be similiar to Russia and Italy during the 1940s, but that's my paranoid speculation.
It won't be pure dictatorial. The Senate and the House will still be at the capital...

Old 03-19-2016, 07:57 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Meaningless. Rubio beats them all in the general election. But he's sitting at home b/c he can't win the nomination. Gotta walk before you can run.
That's not true either. Rubio would lose to Bernie. Bernie beats ALL Republicans.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:32 PM

678 posts, read 847,077 times
I have a hard time believing folks in Connecticut will be voting for Trump next month. Come on, people. How are you guys convinced Trump has the answers when he never answers his questions properly without repeating sentences multiple times without substance?

Last edited by FutureTown; 03-19-2016 at 09:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut