Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:00 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,841,686 times

Advertisements

In your opinion, are each of these 20 cities in CT on the rise or on the decline or just stagnant? I will start with my opinion as follows:

Ansonia - declining
Bridgeport - stagnant
Bristol - stagnant
Danbury - stagnant
Derby - declining
Groton - stagnant
Hartford - stagnant
Meriden - on the rise
Middletown - on the rise
Milford - on the rise
New Britain - stagnant
New Haven - on the rise
New London - stagnant
Norwalk - on the rise
Norwich - stagnant
Shelton - stagnant
Stamford - on the rise
Torrington - declining
Waterbury - declining
West Haven - declining
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 05:01 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,071,023 times
Isn't there already a thread on which CT cities are considered "hot"?...

Old 03-22-2016, 05:02 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,841,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Isn't there already a thread on which CT cities are considered "hot"?...
This thread is in a different scope though. It evaluates all 20 cities and categorizes them as one of the following: on the rise, declining or stagnant.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:04 PM

678 posts, read 840,305 times
Curious as to your reasoning for why Danbury is stagnant, nep

Old 03-22-2016, 05:06 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,589,428 times
Ansonia - declining
Bridgeport - rising close to stagnant
Bristol - decline
Danbury - stagnant
Derby - decline
Groton - stagnant
Hartford - rising
Meriden - stagnant
Middletown - stagnant
Milford - stagnant
New Britain - stagnant
New Haven - stagnant
New London - rising
Norwalk - rising
Norwich - stagnant
Shelton - rising
Stamford - rising
Torrington - declining
Waterbury - declining
West Haven - rising

Old 03-22-2016, 05:09 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,604,024 times
I wouldn't say Derby is declining. There's actually some pockets of on the rise. I'd put Ansonia and Waterbury as somewhere between declining and stagnant and actually more toward stagnant. Not sure how you figured Meriden, West Haven or Danbury to be where you put them. And while Shelton is technically a city, it's more of a suburb in my opinion.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
I wouldn't say Derby is declining. There's actually some pockets of on the rise. I'd put Ansonia and Waterbury as somewhere between declining and stagnant and actually more toward stagnant. Not sure how you figured Meriden, West Haven or Danbury to be where you put them. And while Shelton is technically a city, it's more of a suburb in my opinion.
I really can't see much going on in Waterbury. Only hopping thing is the hops going, breweries. Say Shelton beats Derby and Ansonia combined, really all 3 should be combined ha.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I really can't see much going on in Waterbury. Only hopping thing is the hops going, breweries. Say Shelton beats Derby and Ansonia combined, really all 3 should be combined ha.
Waterbury police need to address some simple quality of life issues (parking on the sidewalks, panhandling, quicker response times,...beat cop sort of things) to get out of "declining" for me. Stuff is getting done and there's always been plenty of potential. But these little things need to be handled. They're good at nailing higher level crime so we know it's possible.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:53 PM

There's nothing to do in Waterbury and economically it's lacking. State should buy from St. Mary's to the end of the mall wipe that area clean. Build new houses, build a better ball with better shipping options, better traffic flow, build a park, clean the river up, and so forth.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:55 PM

Parks are being cleaned up left and right. While I've been thinking the mall is in decline, I'm surprised by the amount of people that prefer it over Milford and other Westfield's...still haven't figured that out. Why new houses? There's plenty of housing there and you need businesses to balance out those homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut