Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 04:01 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,778 times

Advertisements

Howdy all, I started a new job in Branford (I95 exit 55/56 area). Looking for good places to eat, particularly for lunch. I grab food at least 3 days a week and sometimes every day of the week, so the more the merrier. I am especially interested in places that have lower carb options--mmm meat.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 05:06 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,139 times
Parthenon Diner on Route 1 is one of the best diners in the state and would be likely to have items that fit your needs.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Parthenon Diner on Route 1 is one of the best diners in the state and would be likely to have items that fit your needs.
Ha, funny you mention it, that's the first place I went thanks.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:47 PM

503 posts, read 530,156 times
I would use Yelp for this purpose. It is invaluable for finding good food while traveling or undiscovered restaurants in your local area.

Here's a yelp search for Branford: Best Restaurants in Branford, CT

Old 04-01-2016, 06:02 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,509,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Howdy all, I started a new job in Branford (I95 exit 55/56 area). Looking for good places to eat, particularly for lunch. I grab food at least 3 days a week and sometimes every day of the week, so the more the merrier. I am especially interested in places that have lower carb options--mmm meat.

Thanks
mmm meat..

Shoreline Prime Meats & Deli Branford CT | Butcher Shop | Deli | Catering Shoreline | Home

https://locu.com/places/p-m-fine-foo...nford-us/#menu

The Rib House - Home

Here are some other options.

If you like Thai food. This place is one of the best in the area.

Menu

Indian

darbar india darbar india

Another really good diner.

Branford Townhouse Restaurant | Our Menu

Old 04-01-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
I would use Yelp for this purpose. It is invaluable for finding good food while traveling or undiscovered restaurants in your local area.

Here's a yelp search for Branford: Best Restaurants in Branford, CT
Indeed, yelp is great. I use it religiously when traveling. I'm just not familiar with Branford and wouldn't know if the place was near the area I work or 20 minutes away on other side of town.Trying to avoid google mapping 20 restaurants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Excellent. Thanks

Old 04-01-2016, 06:33 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times
Wow the diner came up first really?

Lookup the following you won't be disappointed, downtown Branford has lots of good places.

Home - get a martini, fries, and Mac n cheese done in upscale style
Ashley's Ice Cream - CT staple
Pasta Cosi - Italian and adult crowd
Asti - wine with good drinks and food
Assaggio - my favorite fine dining

Old 04-01-2016, 07:39 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Indeed, yelp is great. I use it religiously when traveling. I'm just not familiar with Branford and wouldn't know if the place was near the area I work or 20 minutes away on other side of town.Trying to avoid google mapping 20 restaurants...

Excellent. Thanks
Brian 26 had good suggestions- I mentioned Parthenon Diner because of the Exit 55-56 location you mentioned. Branford Townhouse is at Exit 53 and is excellent, in the near future Chipotle will be opening there as well and Jalopeno Heaven is on N. Main St., near exit 54. Not sure how long your lunch period is. Lots of good restaurants in Branford, though.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Brian 26 had good suggestions- I mentioned Parthenon Diner because of the Exit 55-56 location you mentioned. Branford Townhouse is at Exit 53 and is excellent, in the near future Chipotle will be opening there as well and Jalopeno Heaven is on N. Main St., near exit 54. Not sure how long your lunch period is. Lots of good restaurants in Branford, though.
Boss never even mentioned a limit for lunch, but I generally like to be quick. With an endless workload, I'd be wasting more of my time than the company's.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:22 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quite a few good spots.

G Cafe is great. P&M is a superb lunch spot. I used to go to the New Haven location all the time.

Siam Orchids is decent Thai. G Zen has unique vegetarian/vegan food. Le Petit Cafe is considered one of the best restaurants in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut