Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:58 PM

4 posts, read 11,147 times

Advertisements

Davfar,
The condos fees are still being worked out, we're presently writing up the condo docs now.
Wow $250K for those! Mine has no garage, full bsmt, 1200 sqft, 2 bdrms, 2.5 Bths, high end finishes. My comparables were those condos on New Britain Ave-And those were closing within 30 days.
If you were listing it,what would you price it at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 09:25 PM

148 posts, read 739,101 times
I would list anywhere between $220 and $230 or so.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 AM

217 posts, read 891,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAnna View Post
In response to Sun-great insight-those are all the factors I'm taking into consideration and that's why its hard to place a value on it. I'm trying to see if my perceptions match up to the potential buyers'. These condos are unique in relation to the site they are on.
In response to leoberman and davfar, the condos are going up across the street from the post office.
Leoberman-You're right, Plainville is sort of plain, but there are a lot of great people who live here and hopefully all the intentions of downtown revitalization will prove fruitful. And my hopes are that my little project will lend some charm to downtown. There is an 1821 house on the site that we are renovating into rentable office space and we're constructing a two story mixed use building with 2 storefronts and two spacious one bedrooms up top. This building will have moldings and brackets wraped around all four sides and the storefronts will be showcased with detailed woodwork. The whole site will have a nice "old updated" feel to it and exterior trimwork colors will coordinate nicely also.
Thanks again everyone.
Plainville does have alot to offer famlies. TO me it is underrated. The park and rec dept has alot of programs for young kids. THeir are sports teams, little league, football, and socer programs. Library programs . The schools are great and have nice programs too. You have a movies theater and a bowling alley right in town. Not to mention the stors and resuraunts on rt 10 that are close by.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:41 AM

640 posts, read 2,012,603 times
Plainville's only charm is its access to I-84. Outside of the El Paso mexican joint, Tim Hortons, and a good used bookstore....the place is about as inspiring as Utica, NY.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:28 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
Plainville's only charm is its access to I-84. Outside of the El Paso mexican joint, Tim Hortons, and a good used bookstore....the place is about as inspiring as Utica, NY.
JiminCT - Not every place can be as charming and interesting as West Hartford Center. Plainville is a nice middle-class community and its town center reflects that. Nothing wrong with that. JMHO Jay

Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 AM

640 posts, read 2,012,603 times
Jay..your a good man. But is there ANY town in Connecticut that you dont like?? I know you are the moderator....but this is a forum for opinion as well. I dont think its wrong to hear both sides...good and bad about a town. Even if its opinion.....
And please...West Hartford is far from the Shangri-Las. It's a suburb in America's Filing Cabinet....lol.

Having said that....Just MHO.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:52 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Yes, there are a couple of towns I don't like, but I try not to let my opinions impact my objectivity. I will point out the towns good points and try to nicely point out their bad points. I tend to use words like "issues". I agree, no where is perfect.

To some West Hartford would be too crowded and congested. The people too snobby and the town center too big. I am sure there are people that do not like the schools or what has been done with Blue Back Square. But to someone looking for a town with a nice walkable downtown area and nice homes at reasonable prices in a town with schools that are very highly rated, it is hard to beat West Hartford. Jay

Old 02-15-2008, 12:05 PM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,183 times
Has anyone ever gone to the Imperial Buffet in the plaza that's right next next to Dick's Sporting Goods?
I recall being given a tour of the place when it was still under construction.
It was probably over a million dollar investment at the time and it's still my absolute favorite all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. Along with their included steak and raw fish/shellfish bar, it provides a total dining experience at a very reasonable price! (Exit 34 Crooked St. off I-84 east, Exit 33 off I-84 west then right off Exit 2, New Britain Avenue )
One of my favorite local Italian restaurants is located in Plainville too.
It's really a nice town with a lot of great assets, especially the friendly people.
All of the development and investment that has been going on in Plainville and that specific area in recent years has been really beneficial when you think about what was previously there, the Plainville drive-in theatre and the defunct Plainville Stadium stock car race track.
And there's still more development just waiting to begin right in that area that inspires even more optimism. Plainville has definitely increased it's overall level of desirability in recent years.

Last edited by sun; 02-15-2008 at 12:25 PM..

Old 02-15-2008, 12:44 PM

366 posts, read 780,599 times
Another plug for Plainville: A friend of mine is a teacher in West Hartford, and can't say enough GREAT things about the Plainville school system. He says the superintendent is wonderful and there are a lot of great things happening under her leadership. In his opinion, the quality of the W.Hartford schools is slipping and the quality in Plainville has gone way up. I looked at the most recent strategic school profiles, and Plainville schools are doing well above average and they are spending more per pupil than a lot of other "good" towns.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:05 PM

366 posts, read 780,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
To some West Hartford would be too crowded and congested. The people too snobby and the town center too big.
Me! Me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut