Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 07:55 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times

Advertisements

Are you going to Hillary event ? Will Malloy cheer her on ? Do you think lot of protesters will be at her event like trump ?

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is coming to Connecticut this week ahead of the state’s primary.

Clinton will campaign in the state on Thursday ahead of the April 26 primary. It will be her first visit to the state prior to the primary.

It is unclear where in Connecticut Clinton will visit, but, during her visit, her campaign office said the former secretary of state will “discuss her plans to tackle gun violence in communities across America and to break down the barriers that hold too many families back.”

"Job creation and making sure those of us in urban areas and in rural areas, are supported and given a second chance with respect to employment," State Rep. Brandon McGee said.

Clinton's visit comes after Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump held a rally at the Convention Center in Hartford on Friday. Thousands of people showed up at the event.

Hillary Clinton coming to CT - WFSB 3 Connecticut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 08:11 PM

845 posts, read 680,105 times
If it's not out of the way and I have nothing better to do, I might as well show up. I'm voting Trump or Hillary, she's pretty okay.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:33 PM

830 posts, read 684,506 times
She probably won't need to have a big rally to win, TBH. A silent majority of democrats likely support her and don't need to be introduced to her (I'd be delighted to be wrong). After all, she lives like 10 minutes from Connecticut -- nothing new to see. That said, Sanders would probably attract a large, more enthusiastic crowd here.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:37 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,420,832 times
If my dog swallows something he shouldn't maybe ill bring him to induce vomiting instead of using 3% hydrogen peroxide as usual.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:45 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
I am hoping for a Sanders rally

Old 04-18-2016, 09:17 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,433 times
Hillary Clinton does not tend to attract huge crowds. Why? Because unlike with Sanders and Trump, Hillary Clinton's supporters tend to have jobs and functional families, so they have better things to do with their time than to go to a political rally.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:11 AM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
I would rather go see Chelsea who is also coming to Connecticut this week. Jay

Old 04-19-2016, 07:22 AM

660 posts, read 658,534 times
I wouldn't go see Hillary Clinton if she was campaigning at my neighbor's house. A lot of the high school seniors (including me) took the day off today to go vote for Bernie in NY! Only a few hours before polls open.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:38 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,489,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBern View Post
I wouldn't go see Hillary Clinton if she was campaigning at my neighbor's house. A lot of the high school seniors (including me) took the day off today to go vote for Bernie in NY! Only a few hours before polls open.
Talk to me when you start paying taxes! you only like him because he promises you free stuff. Remember, being poor is only cute in college.
Get a Full time job and see how much he plans to be taking out. You won't have a pot to **** in.

I could win too if I promised everyone free stuff and struck a nerve with the hipsters who spend $5 on a cup of coffee and complains about student loans. They complain they can't get jobs but when you ask them what they studied they say South American basket weaving or earth language cultural studies. I feel like smacking them in the head. Don't take money out of my pocket because you're an idiot and studied a useless subject. I did my research and forecasted what degrees are needed and wanted.

I'm not for any of them. I like Kasich but he has no chance.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:58 AM

660 posts, read 658,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Talk to me when you start paying taxes! you only like him because he promises you free stuff. Remember, being poor is only cute in college.
Get a Full time job and see how much he plans to be taking out. You won't have a pot to **** in.

I could win too if I promised everyone free stuff and struck a nerve with the hipsters who spend $5 on a cup of coffee and complains about student loans. They complain they can't get jobs but when you ask them what they studied they say South American basket weaving or earth language cultural studies. I feel like smacking them in the head. Don't take money out of my pocket because you're an idiot and studied a useless subject. I did my research and forecasted what degrees are needed and wanted.

I'm not for any of them. I like Kasich but he has no chance.
No one is denying that if Bernie is elected, there would be a tax increase. But in turn, you would get healthcare, tuition free public universities and community colleges, public funding of elections, improvements in fire and police departments, and many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut