Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 08:18 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPL View Post
It's obvious we need a new leader, can the residents of CT do anything to impeach Dan Malloy? Would the House of Representatives have to vote to get him out?

Foley: voters should be able to remove Malloy from office - CT Politics
This article is nearly a year old (June 2015). Even with the current state of our state, I doubt the public would accept Foley as Governor. He burned too many bridges in his past and they all caught up to him in the last election. Of course he would step in but I doubt anyone other than the old line, big money Republicans that forced him to be nominated in the last election would want him. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 08:20 AM

720 posts, read 919,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
This article is nearly a year old (June 2015). Even with the current state of our state, I doubt the public would accept Foley as Governor. He burned too many bridges in his past and they all caught up to him in the last election. Of course he would step in but I doubt anyone other than the old line, big money Republicans that forced him to be nominated in the last election would want him. Jay

I mean yeah I get Foley was as exciting as Romney but Malloy is just a disaster.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:28 AM

258 posts, read 456,556 times
Tom Foley: I'm not Dan Malloy, vote for me!

Old 04-21-2016, 09:19 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,955,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtby4000 View Post
The Republican governors in New Jersey, Kansas, Michigan and Maine have very high approval ratings. We should do a governor swap.
Are you being sarcastic? I thought Brownback had the lowest ratings in the country? And, former Louisiana governor Jindal was pretty low before he left office and left the state in a huge fiscal crisis.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:45 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
Rather take Tom Wolf

Old 04-21-2016, 09:46 AM

854 posts, read 1,240,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Are you being sarcastic?.
Yes. All of those Republican governors are wildly unpopular. Either the Maine or NJ governor is likely to be Trump's VP pick.

In any case, no matter how much you hate Malloy, you have to admit that Mick Foley has a much better chance of being elected governor than Tom Foley.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:05 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,940,550 times
Quote:
Yes. All of those Republican governors are wildly unpopular. Either the Maine or NJ governor is likely to be Trump's VP pick.

In any case, no matter how much you hate Malloy, you have to admit that Mick Foley has a much better chance of being elected governor than Tom Foley.
He would be the best candidate for all Mankind.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:43 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,611,576 times
Quote:

Christie is a huge embodiment of kick the can down the road politics. Neither party needs him on the VP ticket.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:00 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Christie is a huge embodiment of kick the can down the road politics. Neither party needs him on the VP ticket.
I think New Jersey has many of the same issues Connecticut has. Christie has done little to change them. Only recently did New Jersey unemployment numbers drop below Connecticut and I am not sure if that is real or some glitch in the computations. Jay

Old 04-21-2016, 12:32 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
So now the "make cuts! make cuts!" crowd wants to complain about the cuts being made?

What are you expecting the governor to do differently in this situation? I know-- Just cut the things you don't like. Just cut the things that benefit "THEM" not us...

Do you expect him to go back in time and properly fund pensions-- all that were mishandled by previous governors? I really want to know what the expectation for performance here that (a) doesn't break the law, (b) doesn't require Malloy to go back in time and (c) will fix the problems.

If you're going to cry "He's the worst ever" bring something to the discussion about what can be done differently. Frankly there's not a whole lot of wiggle room at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut