Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 08:44 AM

723 posts, read 1,001,969 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone, There is a very good chance that I will be moving up to Madison, CT. in time for the next school year. Please give me all possible info. I already know that I want to be below the rotary and I want piped water so that probably puts me south of 95. I would like a 3+bedrooms, 2+ baths, garage, with pool and it looks like for my rental price range up to $2,500 I won't have any problem finding one with a renewable one year lease. Thoughts? Info? I have to be in by September 1st for school year so most "academic" rentals are out I think? All thoughts and info much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 09:32 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,653,410 times
Moving with kids I say look into Old Saybrook or neighboring Guilford. Other then that don't worry can easily find rent in that price range in the area.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:36 AM

21,592 posts, read 31,109,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Moving with kids I say look into Old Saybrook or neighboring Guilford. Other then that don't worry can easily find rent in that price range in the area.
Old Saybrook and Guilford don't border each other, and Madison's schools perform far better than Old Saybrook - not saying OS schools are bad.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:38 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,736,302 times
Very little of Madison has city water. You're right, you need to be south of 1-95 and even then most of that is still on well water. Stay close to the beach areas and in areas of smaller lots where there is more possibility of city water.

Asking to have a pool is going to eliminate virtually all rents-- there just aren't that many homes with pools. You're really limiting yourself with that. Look on the real estate websites for rentals,- zillow.com, trulia.com, realtor.com, etc. to give yourself an idea of what is out there.

There are tons of threads on Madison on city data. Do a search or an advanced search and you'll find all the info you need.

Madison is a great town, gorgeous, great schools, safe, wonderful town beach. It has everything you could want except big box stores and malls. However, those last two are close enough. It's a good place to raise kids. There are no bad areas so if you find something suitable, grab it.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:39 AM

21,649 posts, read 27,952,761 times
Not much to say except, enjoy!

Old 05-07-2016, 11:24 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,653,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Old Saybrook and Guilford don't border each other, and Madison's schools perform far better than Old Saybrook - not saying OS schools are bad.
Meant Guilford borders Madison as Old Saybrook borders Madison. Beaches are nice there and schools are great. Have a friend who wants to go to Guilford due to the cliques formed by Parents.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:00 AM

2,056 posts, read 1,600,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Meant Guilford borders Madison as Old Saybrook borders Madison. Beaches are nice there and schools are great. Have a friend who wants to go to Guilford due to the cliques formed by Parents.
??? Old Saybrook is four towns away from Madison.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:57 AM

4,715 posts, read 5,945,287 times
not quite 4 towns, but it's Madison, then Clinton and Westbrook before you get to Old Saybrook. Clinton and Westbrook are fairly small towns, too.

A lot of shoreline towns have well water, though you can find some smaller homes near the town center that could have public water, but you're also looking at more expensive homes because you're closer to the water. That's true of Guilford, Madison, Clinton, Westbrook, Old Saybrook and Old Lyme.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:08 AM

34,827 posts, read 56,746,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Very little of Madison has city water. You're right, you need to be south of 1-95 and even then most of that is still on well water. Stay close to the beach areas and in areas of smaller lots where there is more possibility of city water.

Asking to have a pool is going to eliminate virtually all rents-- there just aren't that many homes with pools. You're really limiting yourself with that. Look on the real estate websites for rentals,- zillow.com, trulia.com, realtor.com, etc. to give yourself an idea of what is out there.

There are tons of threads on Madison on city data. Do a search or an advanced search and you'll find all the info you need.

Madison is a great town, gorgeous, great schools, safe, wonderful town beach. It has everything you could want except big box stores and malls. However, those last two are close enough. It's a good place to raise kids. There are no bad areas so if you find something suitable, grab it.
I agree. There aren't many rentals that have pools. The OP may also have trouble meeting all their wants so they may want to expand their search to Guilford and even Branford. Otherwise they should be prepared to compromise. Jay

Old 05-08-2016, 05:10 PM

4,715 posts, read 5,945,287 times
I know a development in East Lyme that has a heated pool in it and also public water, but I think $2,500 is a bit of a stretch to rent there, as most of the homes are 4+ bedrooms and rentals are not all that common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut