U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 12:15 PM

5 posts, read 3,343 times

Advertisements

I'd like to thank everyone for their replies. Here are some places I have found after looking at everyone's suggestions. I did add a few more places that weren't on the list I just wanted to see opinions from people in the area.

1 Russett Ln, Middletown, CT 06457
131 Ridgefield Dr, Middletown, CT 06457
668 Main St, Middletown, CT 06457
30 Stoneycrest Dr, Middletown, CT 06457
1150-1160 S Main St, Middletown, CT 06457
4 Regency Drive, Bloomfield, CT 06002
35-CC Darling Street, Southington, CT 06489
241 Redstone Hill Road, Bristol, CT 06010
556 King Street, Bristol, CT 06010
200 Blakeslee Street, Bristol, CT 06010
329 Schraffts Drive, Waterbury, CT 06705
81 Southwind Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492

If anyone could tell me about the area that are in, in regards to safety, I would really appreciate it. I would also like to apologize I'm not trying to imply Connecticut is some sort of a lawless hellhole. Without going into a great deal of a detail one of the things I will be bringing along with me is a service dog for my anxiety and this will also be the first time I will be living away from home. It's just paramount for me that I do not commit to something and not feel safe in my home. I know I sound neurotic I'm just very nervous.

Thank you for the help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 12:25 PM

9,782 posts, read 6,912,351 times
Recommend Russet Drive. Only downside is you are on the Northern side of Middletown so you have to drive downtown if you want. However, you are near a few major interstates, close to Hartford, close to the Pike, and very close to New Britain.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:50 PM

854 posts, read 1,154,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Wallingford has the strip
Is that like the Las Vegas Strip?

Old 06-15-2016, 12:54 PM

33,058 posts, read 52,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratedstudent001 View Post
I'd like to thank everyone for their replies. Here are some places I have found after looking at everyone's suggestions. I did add a few more places that weren't on the list I just wanted to see opinions from people in the area.

1 Russett Ln, Middletown, CT 06457
131 Ridgefield Dr, Middletown, CT 06457
668 Main St, Middletown, CT 06457
30 Stoneycrest Dr, Middletown, CT 06457
1150-1160 S Main St, Middletown, CT 06457
4 Regency Drive, Bloomfield, CT 06002
35-CC Darling Street, Southington, CT 06489
241 Redstone Hill Road, Bristol, CT 06010
556 King Street, Bristol, CT 06010
200 Blakeslee Street, Bristol, CT 06010
329 Schraffts Drive, Waterbury, CT 06705
81 Southwind Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492

If anyone could tell me about the area that are in, in regards to safety, I would really appreciate it. I would also like to apologize I'm not trying to imply Connecticut is some sort of a lawless hellhole. Without going into a great deal of a detail one of the things I will be bringing along with me is a service dog for my anxiety and this will also be the first time I will be living away from home. It's just paramount for me that I do not commit to something and not feel safe in my home. I know I sound neurotic I'm just very nervous.

Thank you for the help.
Your nervousness is understandable but you should do fine here once you find the right place. Most people get nervous moving away from home for the first time. Let me ask you something, what kind of area do you like? Urban, Suburban or rural. That should help us help you to narrow it down.

I think Wallingford is kind of far to go unless you have a good reason to live there like wanting to be close to New Haven or knowing people there. If you are nervous about living in New Britain, then I would cross Waterbury off since it is not near and an even bigger city than New Britain. I don' think that Bloomfield is particularly convenient to CCSU. It would require driving a fairly long distance on local roads across West Hartford.

Of the Middletown apartments you give, I would not recommend the one on Main Street. That is the city's North End and while not dangerous, it can be a bit sketchy and noisy at times. The Russett Lane apartment is in Hunters Glen which is a nice complex. A couple of posters here loved when they lived there. Ridgefield Drive are townhouse condos right up the street. Also can be decent. And the Southington apartment should be good as well.

Again all of these apartments are a bit far from Central. Why not look for apartments in Newington which is a wonderful small suburban town right by the school and has many apartments you can consider. I know we have people here who loved the Fenne-Woode apartments which is close to campus. There is also the Landmark apartments and Baldwin Court plus a few others that could work for you. I hope this helps. Jay

Old 06-15-2016, 01:18 PM

4,645 posts, read 5,544,189 times
Also look at Cromwell and Berlin.

I'd avoid Bloomfield. On the map, it's not very far, but you'd need to take back roads through Simsbury, Avon and Newington/West Hartford to get to CCSU.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:26 PM

503 posts, read 488,792 times
I lived in Landmark apartments in Newington -- they were a nice place to live and definitely recommended. I was not a nice tenant though. I was an inconsiderate little punk in my early 20's and threw loud parties every weekend.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:53 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,363,482 times
I live in the westlake section of Middletown, and there are a lot of apartment complexes in this area. I'm about 20 mins from CCSU. Just a short ride up route 9.

There is Hunters Crossing. It's right on the bike/walking path too which would is ideal. There is also Northwoods, Chestnut Hill, Middletown Ridge, Middletown Brook, Windshire and Town Place Apartments. Those are the ones I can think of the top of my head. If washer/dryer are important to you to have in unit - Hunters Crossing does not have that. However the rest of the apartment names I mentioned have washer/dryer in unit. It's very convenient. That is why we didn't rent at Hunters Crossing.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:39 PM

Thanks again everyone for their suggestions. I wanted to add two more on then I'll just do this on my own. Does anyone know about these apartments?
https://rakrealtyct.com/property/ct-...woodrow-wilson

Both places are really good price wise for me.

P.S Sorry I can't get the link to work.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:45 PM

503 posts, read 488,792 times
I'm not familiar with that specific property but I'm not sure why you would prioritize Middletown apartments to begin with. It's actually about 20 minutes away from your school when traffic is quiet and the traffic can be bad at times. Newington would be a better option with only an 8-10 minute commute.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
I'm not familiar with that specific property but I'm not sure why you would prioritize Middletown apartments to begin with. It's actually about 20 minutes away from your school when traffic is quiet and the traffic can be bad at times. Newington would be a better option with only an 8-10 minute commute.
I've tried Newington. I have a depressingly small budget and couldn't even find anything for what I can afford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut