Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 12:35 PM

610 posts, read 533,286 times

Advertisements

Here's a studio in a house in East Norwalk for $925. There's not much but you may be able to find something in Norwalk a bit above your range. As suggested, you're probably better off looking further east.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/abo/5674407931.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 01:28 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
$900 Room share Westport you need car though https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/roo/5688044413.html

Old 07-18-2016, 03:13 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,686 times
check out the Black Rock section of Bridgeport, though 900 might even be low there. The commute to Stamford will be hellish with standard 9-5 hours, but you can take the train from Fairfield Metro station which would be walking distance.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:18 AM

10,094 posts, read 14,965,663 times
Unless you know someone that can do you a favor (example; an aunt owns a quadplex and she's renting out a 1bdrm to a family member that just graduated from university for a mere $900 per month, that apartment should be around 1200 at the very least) or are willing to apply for government help (may not get the place you want in the neighborhood you want, but Stamford is not a particularly dangerous city); then the short answer is no.

There are some deals out there, but for people without local 'connections' they are practically non-existant.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:05 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Subsidized housing or a roommate.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Unless you know someone that can do you a favor (example; an aunt owns a quadplex and she's renting out a 1bdrm to a family member that just graduated from university for a mere $900 per month, that apartment should be around 1200 at the very least) or are willing to apply for government help (may not get the place you want in the neighborhood you want, but Stamford is not a particularly dangerous city); then the short answer is no.

There are some deals out there, but for people without local 'connections' they are practically non-existant.

Stamford West Side is iffy

Old 07-20-2016, 08:17 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,349,947 times
I wanted to put this on here. It is a house share in Stamford but the bedroom has a separate entrance. It is in safe area near Cove Beach near the border of Darien. The common areas of the house look nice & clean.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/roo/5690052430.html

Old 07-20-2016, 08:27 PM

723 posts, read 1,005,106 times
Default Why? Don't do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyuube View Post
I'm currently looking for a new place , and I'm going to be working as a nursing assistant soon , I'm going to school for it at the time being . Is there anywhere in stamford that's safe and has affordable rent ?
Stamford is getting worse by the day! I have lived in the area since the early 1990s and I cannot wait to get out of here. There are so many nasty 3rd world types here now. They go to the park and they don't know how to even use a garbage can. I live next to a popular beachfront park and it is so nasty the stuff they leave behind. On Sundays you might think that you were actually in Mexico. They start grilling and drinking at about 8am on Sunday morning. The other day I was walking to the supermarket and I literally was almost attacked by a roaming and frothing Pit Bull; it was so scary that I am now going carry my .38 with me whenever I walk around in Stamford. It is a cesspool. There are so many illegal and overcrowded apartments or houses that used to be for one family that now have 3-4 families living in them. There is so much corruption in the zoning and building office, the bribery going on is the only explanation for the complete seemingly lack of zoning codes or enforcement forget fire safety. Sure you can get something in the Cove area for that budget but don't go out at night! Live anywhere else! Also, look it up there have been way more shootings and gunplay in the last 6 months than the past two years! Better places for sure.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:14 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,927 times
^^ Stamford was way worse in the early 1990s. Cove district is safe; shootings and gunplay are confined to (a) a small part of the West Side and (b) whatever areas you may find city-data members getting into fights with pitbulls.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
Stamford is getting worse by the day! I have lived in the area since the early 1990s and I cannot wait to get out of here. There are so many nasty 3rd world types here now. They go to the park and they don't know how to even use a garbage can. I live next to a popular beachfront park and it is so nasty the stuff they leave behind. On Sundays you might think that you were actually in Mexico. They start grilling and drinking at about 8am on Sunday morning. The other day I was walking to the supermarket and I literally was almost attacked by a roaming and frothing Pit Bull; it was so scary that I am now going carry my .38 with me whenever I walk around in Stamford. It is a cesspool. There are so many illegal and overcrowded apartments or houses that used to be for one family that now have 3-4 families living in them. There is so much corruption in the zoning and building office, the bribery going on is the only explanation for the complete seemingly lack of zoning codes or enforcement forget fire safety. Sure you can get something in the Cove area for that budget but don't go out at night! Live anywhere else! Also, look it up there have been way more shootings and gunplay in the last 6 months than the past two years! Better places for sure.
Majority of Stamford shootings is small area of West Side and Myano lane. There was upstick this year in shootings about 15th on West Side since March mostly shots fired indent only 6 people actually hit but no homicides. Stamford was actually worst in 1990s but It way better now there some iffy spots on West Side but you can avoid it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut