Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 11:14 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times

Advertisements

Get ready for YUGE traffic on I-95 and the Merritt on Saturday because the Donald is coming to town in Fairfield to do a rally!

Donald Trump to Hold Rally in Fairfield this Weekend - Fairfield, CT Patch

Honestly, I don't know why he's even bothering to come to CT. Clinton is leading in all the polls in CT and will easily win here.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:37 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
It's gonna be huge.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It's gonna be huge.
And full of uneducated white men.

Bernie's rallies were huge but he still lost anyway. Rally size means absolutely nothing.

The real silent majority is with Hillary Clinton. Trump and Bernie's crowds were the loud minority.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:51 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
And full of uneducated white men.

Bernie's rallies were huge but he still lost anyway. Rally size means absolutely nothing.

The real silent majority is with Hillary Clinton. Trump and Bernie's crowds were the loud minority.
I went to the Trump Rally in Waterbury in April just for the hell of it. I'm a Republican but I don't support him. Surprisingly I saw a few Mexicans and African Americans. People that claim that it's all white people are false.

The one thing that I found hilarious during the Waterbury Trump rally is that the FIRST thing he said was, "I'm going to bring back your jobs" and the crowd when crazy. People were chanting "YEAH" and "I AGREE WITH THAT". In my head I'm like ...it's that easy? These Trump supporters are sick of politicians who talk just to say things they want to hear while afterwards not delivering. But when Trump does the same thing these politicians did by promising things, suddenly everyone believes him?

I think he said this during the rally at one point, "We're gonna be looking at a lot of things and you know we're gonna be doing a lot of things to fix those things..". Wild applause. I think we left the rally right after that LOL.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I went to the Trump Rally in Waterbury in April just for the hell of it. I'm a Republican but I don't support him. Surprisingly I saw a few Mexicans and African Americans. People that claim that it's all white people are false.

The one thing that I found hilarious during the Waterbury Trump rally is that the FIRST thing he said was, "I'm going to bring back your jobs" and the crowd when crazy. People were chanting "YEAH" and "I AGREE WITH THAT". In my head I'm like it's that easy? These Trump supporters are sick of politicians who talk just to say things they want to hear while afterwards not delivering. But when Trump does the same thing these politicians did by promising things, suddenly everyone believes him?
First of all, Trump only has 1% support among blacks. Romney had 8%. Trump only has 14% support among Latinos. Romney had 27%. He's going to get demolished in the general, especially with Hillary taking the lead in traditionally red states like Georgia.

With that said, you are totally right. He says he's going to do this and that and fix everything all by himself like a demagogue and make everything great again. And the people BELIEVE him!

The guy who has ALL of his products made in other countries is America's last hope to bring jobs back to the U.S.?! Really?! The guy who refuses to release his tax returns is America's last hope for having increased government transparency?! The guy who hired thousands of undocumented immigrants is America's last hope for having immigration reform? LMAO!

Old 08-11-2016, 12:08 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
First of all, Trump only has 1% support among blacks. Romney had 8%. Trump only has 14% support among Latinos. Romney had 27%. He's going to get demolished in the general, especially with Hillary taking the lead in traditionally red states like Georgia.

With that said, you are totally right. He says he's going to do this and that and fix everything all by himself like a demagogue and make everything great again. And the people BELIEVE him!

The guy who has ALL of his products made in other countries is America's last hope to bring jobs back to the U.S.?! Really?! The guy who refuses to release his tax returns is America's last hope for having increased government transparency?! The guy who hired thousands of undocumented immigrants is America's last hope for having immigration reform? LMAO!
Do you have a source for that 1%? I hope you realize that all these "polls" are completely meaningless since they constantly change. Plus each station has different numbers. Republicans in general don't get much minority support but it's possible for them to win with low black and Hispanic numbers. It certainly won't be easy in the future since whites will eventually be the minority as Hispanics and blacks gain in population. Republicans need a different approach and having Trump has your spotlight candidate isn't going to help. Libertarians need to be the future of the Republican Party. I'm not trying to get too far off topic. I don't think Jay wants to waste 10 seconds typing a comment stating we stick to the topic of the OP.

The reason why Trump is in Connecticut is because he has a lot of support in this state. He can get solid numbers in our wealthy areas because Trump has ties in Greenwich, Connecticut and many people within our rural areas which have experienced manufacturing decline as well as higher taxes, are backing up Trump. It's safe to say that a lot of people are sick of how the Democrats are running this state and you're going to find many people vote Republican for the first time this November in not only the Presidental Election but Local Elections as well.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:14 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Doesn't this guy get tired? He's practically in every state every day. WOW.

He's drawing tens of thousands of people and of all races and colors. Many can't even get in.

Here's a Pano from Florida last week

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/760922691498942464

Old 08-11-2016, 12:16 PM

Smart folks right there.

https://twitter.com/Always_Trump/sta...31498892865537

Old 08-11-2016, 12:19 PM

Just heads up on what media does and says guys (for those that don't know).

having a dad who is a Political Professor I've learned a lot and one thing I never knew was that the media have always done this for decades.. Ask yourself why they spend 10 minutes vs 2 minutes picking apart the specific candidate.

Stuff like the 2nd amendment thing.. Media wont remind you that Hillary did the same thing.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/763593255527280640

Old 08-11-2016, 12:22 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It's gonna be huge.
He is right. People in that area (including me) pronounce it "Yuge". DW is always correcting me for not pronouncing my H's. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut