Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 01:56 PM

14 posts, read 11,139 times

Advertisements

Anyone hear anything about The Sheffield apartment complex in Norwalk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 02:02 PM

13,992 posts, read 13,769,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chebbard View Post
If you can handle hearing trains going by every 30 mins and non-stop construction noise

Old 10-04-2016, 02:14 PM

14 posts, read 11,139 times
@BPt111 phew, glad I asked! It was a nice building with nice views.Glad to know the other stuff!

Old 10-05-2016, 06:14 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,477,376 times
There are sooo many apartment complexes in Stamford, why not just go there? Or is the benefit of Norwalk cost? I used to work in Norwalk and I think Stamford is just a more pleasant place if comparing downtown areas.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:12 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,229,736 times
Quote:
I looked there a few years ago. You can do better, for sure. They are already a little outdated.

Ironworks is nice, but very small for what you pay.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:50 AM

837 posts, read 1,219,142 times
(slight hijack)

My husband interviewed for a job in Norwalk not long ago. If he's hired, he will need to be at the home office for the first three months. He's been searching online for either extended stay places or short term rentals. He's found a lot online between Norwalk and Stamford. Would anybody recommend a particular one over another? Bonus points if it takes pets (we have two dogs) and if it's near a doggy daycare.

Question 2: Does anybody know anything about the Wolfpit neighborhood? An acquaintance mentioned it too us but it doesn't mean anything since neither of us know anything about Norwalk...?

TIA!

(/end hijack)

Old 10-06-2016, 07:58 AM

34,700 posts, read 56,496,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kizzy_xo View Post
(slight hijack)

My husband interviewed for a job in Norwalk not long ago. If he's hired, he will need to be at the home office for the first three months. He's been searching online for either extended stay places or short term rentals. He's found a lot online between Norwalk and Stamford. Would anybody recommend a particular one over another? Bonus points if it takes pets (we have two dogs) and if it's near a doggy daycare.

Question 2: Does anybody know anything about the Wolfpit neighborhood? An acquaintance mentioned it too us but it doesn't mean anything since neither of us know anything about Norwalk...?

TIA!

(/end hijack)
You are not really hijacking the thread since you are asking something about the topic of the OP. I can't speak to the extended stay hotels in the area so I will leave it to others who may have some experience or suggestions. I will tell you though that I recommend that he stay or live as close to the office as possible to avoid have to deal with difficult traffic. I believe Norwalk has a couple of extended stay hotels but I can't speak to which would take two dogs (many do) or which one is best.

The Wolf Pit Road area of Norwalk is very nice. It is located near the Westport border and has sort of a rural feel to it. I believe one of our regular posters live near there. He probably could give you more information. Why do you ask? Are you considering relocating? Jay

Old 10-06-2016, 09:55 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,477,376 times
Is the company paying for extended stay and do they have a limit? I ask because the corporate apt buildings usually have short term leases and it may be more comfortable/private than a regular hotel. For example, the Avalon is in Stamford (AVA and Eaves have different flavors) and Norwalk. I'm sure they take pets too.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:36 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,155,401 times
Quote:
@BPt111 phew, glad I asked! It was a nice building with nice views.Glad to know the other stuff!
Other stuff is abundant in lower Stamford as well (since you inquired about apts there as well) with trains, street traffic, constant high rise construction. Sono is pretty mellow in comparison. Just had a pleasant work luncheon the other day just down the street from the Sheffield, didn't hear or notice any construction.
If noise is an issue, then look at home/condo rentals in more suburban neighborhoods.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:41 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,155,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kizzy_xo View Post
(slight hijack)

TIA!

(/end hijack)
If the office is in the Merritt 7 corporate complex there is an extended stay place across the street. It's literally called Extended Stay. There's also a Best Friends pet care place in the immediate area on the same street.
Wolfpit is your typical wooded suburban CT neighborhood on the east side of town just north of the Post Rd. In the olden days( 1600 or 1700s), people in the area dug pits on their property to trap wolves that were killing their livestock, hence the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut