Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:53 AM

19 posts, read 58,814 times

Advertisements

I am talking about avon/farmington/glastonbury/simsbury. The houses look nice/newer/in good neighborhood with a reasonable listed price will sell within 2 weeks. Bid still happens sometime. I assume that serious buyers with schools in their mind will still buy houses like before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,430,245 times
Heck, my individual office had more sales in 2007 than in 2006.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,431,988 times
It's just a shame that some of us looking to BUY homes in those towns cant because we cant get rid of the homes we're in.....

Old 02-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhall1 View Post
Heck, my individual office had more sales in 2007 than in 2006.
My personal experience is that the price today for thoses towns is close to what it was in late 2005.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:09 AM

625 posts, read 2,050,271 times
Here's some info on sales prices in those towns, comparing 2006 to 2007 Greater Hartford Real Estate Blog » Blog Archive » Farmington Valley Residential Year in Review

I also recently wrote a post about it being a seller's market in certain price ranges in West Hartford... Greater Hartford Real Estate Blog » Blog Archive » Seller’s Market for Homes in West Hartford

Our office continues to see multiple offer situations on houses that are priced well and show well, or have great potential. There are many buyers out there, and in some cases, not that much inventory.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyBergquist View Post
Here's some info on sales prices in those towns, comparing 2006 to 2007 Greater Hartford Real Estate Blog » Blog Archive » Farmington Valley Residential Year in Review

I also recently wrote a post about it being a seller's market in certain price ranges in West Hartford... Greater Hartford Real Estate Blog » Blog Archive » Seller’s Market for Homes in West Hartford

Our office continues to see multiple offer situations on houses that are priced well and show well, or have great potential. There are many buyers out there, and in some cases, not that much inventory.
Do you have the similar thing for glastonbury. I like your blogs. Maybe we can post it in this forum.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 AM

625 posts, read 2,050,271 times
I have the info on Glastonbury, but didn't blog about it. Here you go...

Thanks for the comment about my blog, I enjoy writing it!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:32 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Amy - Thanks for the information. Your post on Glastonbury is what I have observed casually about the market here. I am seeing well priced homes selling in a reasonable amount of time. By well priced I mean homes that have been reasonably priced for what they are and where they are located. Every market has homes that are priced too high for what they are and those are the ones not selling. It will be interesting to see what the Spring selling season brings. I can't believe it is right around the corner. Thnaks again, Jay

PS I have read your blogs and like it a lot. Very interesting,

Old 02-26-2008, 01:39 PM

94 posts, read 419,562 times
We've been house hunting in those towns for the past 6-7 months. I admit we're picky, but we've seen a lot of overpriced houses. I'm not really sure what many sellers were thinking, especially when a house hasn't been updated in at least 20 years.

I completely agree that the good ones go fast. Several months ago we made an offer on a house we really liked. The seller ended up taking another offer. There was a deposit on the house within a week of it being listed.

On the other hand, I've seen overpriced houses sit for a while. We went to an open house in the fall. The realtor asked what we thought about the price and we told her we thought it was a little high. She explained that she really worked with the sellers to make sure it was priced fairly. The house is still sitting on the market even after a $40K-$50K price reduction.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:57 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,021,048 times
I would tend to agree with NY2CT

Some realtor's views frankly might be biased somewhat. Amy does a fine job, however here at CD, as does JDHall in Stamford.

After looking back on former NAR economist David Lereah and present NAR economist Lawrence Yun - they have been wrong about every real estate prediction 2 years running.

Homes priced accordingly will sell quicker then those overpriced. There is currently 10 months of inventory nationally, (a record) while prices continue to fall.

From real estate in CT Connecticut Real Estate Blog - Real Real Estate in CT

Median Sales Price Drops

From $250,000 in December 2007 to $245,000 in January 2008

Average Days on Market Rises
From 63 in December 2007 to 78 in January 2008

Number of Closed Sales Down
From 728 in December 2007 to 479 in January 2008

Total Inventory or Number of Houses on the Market Rises
From 4489 in December 2007 to 4838 in January 2008

--such a rise in inventory might not be bullish for the spring selling season.

On a somewhat more humorous yet still serious analogy of the markets;
Bubbleonians: Individuals who believe we are in a perpetual bull market. Alternatively called "U4ians."
-denial is a powerful opiate. Easy Al: Former Fed chairman Alan Greenspan. Also known as "Al.com."

Home-price fall accelerating - Feb. 26, 2008

Last edited by skytrekker; 02-26-2008 at 03:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut