Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think you will vote for Senator of CT?
Richard Lion 1 5.00%
Jeffery David Russell 0 0%
Dan Carter 8 40.00%
John R. "Jack" Price 2 10.00%
Richard Blumenthal 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:09 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times

Advertisements

Less taxes, lower property taxes, lower rent, and stable CT state work force. Make CT affordable. I actually rather have higher property taxes if income tax was taken away.

I like to have limited Government in my life. Only thing like to see Government involved in is Healthcare just because of what I've seen.

Homelessness but with less government handouts. More of programs that focus on learning life skills, shelter, work programs, and food.

If CT had a flat income tax that went to Healthcare coverage, excess tax on cigarettes/alcohol/marijuana to fund DMHAS/DCF/VA/ECF, and a sales tax on goods with exemption of food/prepackaged items. Higher property taxes in towns and switch city property tax to land value tax. Do away with car taxes and charge taxes on individuals renting properties. Lower gas tax and tax goes to improving roads.

Do away with minimum wage and replace with living wage.

Last edited by RunD1987; 10-13-2016 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 08:23 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I don't mind getting more taxes taken out of my paycheck, if that's what happens! The only people complaining about taxes, quite frankly, are RICH people! They just want more and more and more and more money and more and more tax breaks, deductions, exemptions, and all that nonsense.

I believe in contributing to society and having trust in government and paying my FAIR share of taxes for the good of my state and country.
I don't blame Rich people at all. They're getting blamed for everything. What actually is a "fair" share of taxes? What's fair about theft? It's their money, they earned it. It's not moral to steal someone elses money just because you're poorer then they are. Go ahead and raise their taxes. What do you think will happen? They'll flee and move out like what we've done in CT.

All we talk about is income inequality which is the dumbest thing that I would consider the biggest issue. Bill Gates makes more money than me but I'm doing well. We should focus on helping the poor, not figuring out how to make the rich less rich. The reality is every society to have ever existed has had income inequality, even communist ones. What I hear is blaming society rather than point out a villain.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:31 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Less taxes, lower property taxes, lower rent, and stable CT state work force. Make CT affordable. I actually rather have higher property taxes if income tax was taken away.

I like to have limited Government in my life. Only thing like to see Government involved in is Healthcare just because of what I've seen.

Homelessness but with less government handouts. More of programs that focus on learning life skills, shelter, work programs, and food.

If CT had a flat income tax that went to Healthcare coverage, excess tax on cigarettes/alcohol/marijuana to fund DMHAS/DCF/VA/ECF, and a sales tax on goods with exemption of food/prepackaged items. Higher property taxes in towns and switch city property tax to land value tax. Do away with car taxes and charge taxes on individuals renting properties. Lower gas tax and tax goes to improving roads.

Do away with minimum wage and replace with living wage.
Define "living wage". I agree with getting rid of the minimum wage but what exactly is a "living wage" when everyone lives differently?

Old 10-13-2016, 08:33 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I don't blame Rich people at all. They're getting blamed for everything. What actually is a "fair" share of taxes? What's fair about theft? It's their money, they earned it. It's not moral to steal someone elses money just because you're poorer then they are. Go ahead and raise their taxes. What do you think will happen? They'll flee and move out like what we've done in CT.

All we talk about is income inequality which is the dumbest thing that I would consider the biggest issue. Bill Gates makes more money than me but I'm doing well. We should focus on helping the poor, not figuring out how to make the rich less rich. The reality is every society to have ever existed has had income inequality, even communist ones. What I hear is blaming society rather than point out a villain.
What a load of BS!

Fair share of taxes means that someone making millions or billions of dollars should NOT be able to get away with paying little to no taxes for ANY year. Net operating loss carryforwards should be ABOLISHED!

Taxation is NOT theft! It is a patriotic, constitutional contribution that we all make to society in order to achieve things that cannot be achieved by private enterprise or individuals. Things like infrastructure, military, social programs, space exploration, etc. Good luck running a country with NO taxes!

Income inequality is THE NUMBER ONE issue of our time! It is currently at extreme levels NEVER seen since the guilded age. It's BAD for the economy, is unsustainable and is BAD morally. We need to go back to how it was in the 50's where income inequality was relative low and reasonable.

It is absurd that 400 people own HALF of the country's wealth. Disgusting!

Old 10-13-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Define "living wage". I agree with getting rid of the minimum wage but what exactly is a "living wage" when everyone lives differently?
Getting rid of the minimum wage will only allow businesses to pay people even LESS. It's basically slavery. That is not right. We need to raise the minimum wage to at least $13 an hour, and make it variable depending on the cost of living in each metro area. We can't have a country where millions of people are working 40+ hours a week for $4 an hour. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Old 10-13-2016, 08:41 PM

Actually, the #1 threat to our nation is CLIMATE CHANGE. It is a shame that so many people in this country think it's a HOAX!

Old 10-13-2016, 08:46 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,154,568 times
Quote:
Actually, the #1 threat to our nation is CLIMATE CHANGE. It is a shame that so many people in this country think it's a HOAX!
ANNNNDDDDD...we have hit rock bottom.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
ANNNNDDDDD...we have hit rock bottom.
We NEED a progressive president and Hillary is the perfect one for that (although Bernie was better). Most importantly, she will appoint progressive Supreme Court Justices that will hold their positions for FORTY years or more! I can't wait!!!

Old 10-13-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
There's this calculation from MIT that does a good job calculating a low wage that is based off of marital status, children, and average COL of the State.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
We NEED a progressive president and Hillary is the perfect one for that (although Bernie was better). Most importantly, she will appoint progressive Supreme Court Justices that will hold their positions for FORTY years or more! I can't wait!!!
Not going off topic Jill Stein be the best for the environment. Though Johnson has had a shoddy stance on environmental issues has come around. Like his idea of tax breaks for companies that strongly strive to lessen their environmental impact and impose heavy taxes on corporations being polluters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut