Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 06:53 PM

21 posts, read 77,448 times

Advertisements

Today I received a letter from Infraction Bureau that I failed to properly respond to complaint ticket... Ticket # exists in their system and it has my name on it, it is for $92, dated in the middle of the August but I swear, I was never been issued a ticket in August and I absolutely have no idea, what is it about (state tries to reduce budget deficit may be? ). The thing is - I do not know how to prove it. Any suggestion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 07:01 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,887,170 times
I would ask to see a copy of the ticket and get all the details on it. Then you can figure out how to challenge it. Did somebody else have your identification?

Old 10-11-2016, 07:14 PM

They don't provide copies online, will call tomorrow. As far as I know my ID was not stolen if you meant this.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:36 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,782,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olegus View Post
Today I received a letter from Infraction Bureau that I failed to properly respond to complaint ticket... Ticket # exists in their system and it has my name on it, it is for $92, dated in the middle of the August but I swear, I was never been issued a ticket in August and I absolutely have no idea, what is it about (state tries to reduce budget deficit may be? ). The thing is - I do not know how to prove it. Any suggestion?

Seems pretty odd, but if you have a common name like Alex Jones I could imagine this happening. If you are able when on the phone with the bureau ask them "what is the drivers license number" on the ticket. If it doesn't match yours that would be good. However, I don't think the infractions bureau has any type of power and ultimately to get it resolved you will have to go to court. Therefore, if given the option, plea not guilty and wait for a court date.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:54 PM

21,520 posts, read 30,932,128 times
You need to contact central infractions bureau and ask what information is on the ticket. Town/date/violation, etc. If what you're saying is true, sounds to me like someone may have used your identity. If this is true, you need to then contact the issuing agency (town, troop) and file a report. You'll have to plead not guilty and bring that report case # with you to court.

It doesn't have to mean your identity was stolen by an unknown person. Many people use a family members/friends ID to get out of something.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:01 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,762,848 times
Or someone stole the parking ticket off your car and put it on their own so they could park free.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Seems pretty odd, but if you have a common name like Alex Jones I could imagine this happening. If you are able when on the phone with the bureau ask them "what is the drivers license number" on the ticket. If it doesn't match yours that would be good. However, I don't think the infractions bureau has any type of power and ultimately to get it resolved you will have to go to court. Therefore, if given the option, plea not guilty and wait for a court date.
Thanks for the advice about the license #. My name is pretty rare for this country, hopefully it is just a system glitch or some human error .

Old 10-11-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
You need to contact central infractions bureau and ask what information is on the ticket. Town/date/violation, etc. If what you're saying is true, sounds to me like someone may have used your identity. If this is true, you need to then contact the issuing agency (town, troop) and file a report. You'll have to plead not guilty and bring that report case # with you to court.

It doesn't have to mean your identity was stolen by an unknown person. Many people use a family members/friends ID to get out of something.
It sounds pretty scary. I actually have 21yo and 17yo driver in my family but they also swear they know nothing about it.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 PM

21,520 posts, read 30,932,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olegus View Post
It sounds pretty scary. I actually have 21yo and 17yo driver in my family but they also swear they know nothing about it.
keep in mind it's legal in some cases for an officer to ticket the registered owner of a vehicle even if they aren't the operator. That said, I think those instances (unregistered vehicle) carry a fine of greater. $92 is the cost of a seat belt violation.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:32 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,782,300 times
Do you and your son have the same name ? Dad is usually Sr and son is Jr. That could create a mix up. Although double checking the license number should clear that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut