Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 06:50 PM

21,582 posts, read 31,016,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
The police would stakeout popular packies along the border in MA and then follow the CT people (that had large quantities of alcohol) back over the border. Seems silly, but trust me this used to happen and perhaps still does. Maybe someone with inside police info can tell us.
it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 08:04 AM

3,434 posts, read 3,917,458 times
With another budget hole looming, legalizing weed and taxing it makes too much sense, especially if they could get it up and running before Mass does.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:51 PM

21,587 posts, read 27,838,761 times
CT better hurry up and get with the times. Get that weed tax income already!

Old 11-11-2016, 02:58 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,230,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
So what's the penalty? How do they enforce it? Setting up road blocks on 91 blocking all lanes of traffic(causing massive grid lock) with drug sniffing dogs at random? All to hand out a ticket for a NON CRIMINAL offense? It's an impossible thing to enforce. There's no enforced border. It's totally open. We have a hard enough time keeping drugs out from mexico and you have an enforced border crossing with x-ray machines/officers ect.
Seems like a moot point. Plan your consumption around an overnight in Mass. I'm assuming your job doesn't do drug screens. Mine does.

I don't plan to imbibe. I've had enough of that crap to last me a lifetime!

Old 11-11-2016, 03:20 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,405,002 times
Quote:
So what's the penalty? How do they enforce it? Setting up road blocks on 91 blocking all lanes of traffic(causing massive grid lock) with drug sniffing dogs at random? All to hand out a ticket for a NON CRIMINAL offense? It's an impossible thing to enforce. There's no enforced border. It's totally open. We have a hard enough time keeping drugs out from mexico and you have an enforced border crossing with x-ray machines/officers ect.
When MA started it was a ticket, when nobody paid them they attached them to your drivers license. Supposedly they would eat it out of your tax return if you didn't pay it but I've never known anybody that actually happened to.

They can sit on the border all day, they can't start pulling people over at random and they certainly can't search vehicles without probable cause.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:26 PM

712 posts, read 525,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Seems like a moot point. Plan your consumption around an overnight in Mass. I'm assuming your job doesn't do drug screens. Mine does.

I don't plan to imbibe. I've had enough of that crap to last me a lifetime!
Well your job won't be screening anymore if it becomes legal in CT, which is likely give the tax being missed out. And like I would actually get a hotel for that. What a waste of money. haha.

Honestly, I thought about it, but decided I'm not going to try weed anyway even when it becomes legal. Who knows what the long term health consequences are?

I can't for the life of me get why people drink alcohol or smoke. Awful stuff that doesn't make you feel any good and tastes/smells like crap, so I'm guessing it's kind of like that.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:46 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,075,600 times
Quote:
Well your job won't be screening anymore if it becomes legal in CT, which is likely give the tax being missed out.
Nope. My company is based out of CO and have a policy that employees are still subject to testing and will be disciplined or terminated if they test positive. Many companies do..

Old 11-12-2016, 08:06 AM

712 posts, read 525,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Nope. My company is based out of CO and have a policy that employees are still subject to testing and will be disciplined or terminated if they test positive. Many companies do..
Seems like a workplace lawsuit waiting to happen. How can they regulate what LEGAL substances you put in your body outside of work? And what a waste of money for the company to even bother testing people.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:18 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,734,648 times
Quote:
Seems like a workplace lawsuit waiting to happen. How can they regulate what LEGAL substances you put in your body outside of work? And what a waste of money for the company to even bother testing people.
Exactly. That'd be like saying employees can't consume alcohol when not on the company clock.

The only exception to this is if this is a safety sensitive job (transportation), but other than that, I think they'd lose in court if challenged.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:25 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,075,600 times
Quote:
Not a workplace lawsuit until recreational use marijuana becomes legal under FEDERAL law, right now it's still considered illegal to federal government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut