Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 08:56 AM

27 posts, read 26,775 times

Advertisements

Good Day City-Data members!

I am a 25 year old single white male looking for the best place to live in Connecticut. I am looking for a place where I won't have any trouble finding nightlife and single women. I am coming from the NYC Metro area for a new job, location is not important since I work in outside sales. Money is no object I am willing to pay for quality. Looking for 1 bedroom 1 bathroom luxury apartments with amenities. I also posted this inquiry in Delaware since I am looking at another potential offer in DE. Any other good recommendations?

Thank you all in advance for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 08:59 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
New Haven, Norwalk, or Stamford. In that order IMHO.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Excellent! Do you have any opinions on Particular apartment complex's in these regions?

Old 01-15-2017, 09:04 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC 2016 View Post
Excellent! Do you have any opinions on Particular apartment complex's in these regions?
New Haven has a ton of new luxury complexes. As do Norwalk and Stamford. I'll send some links when I'm in front of a proper computer.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
New Haven has a ton of new luxury complexes. As do Norwalk and Stamford. I'll send some links when I'm in front of a proper computer.
I'm looking on Apartments.com as we speak! Thank you Stylo

Old 01-15-2017, 11:43 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC 2016 View Post
Good Day City-Data members!

I am a 25 year old single white male looking for the best place to live in Connecticut. I am looking for a place where I won't have any trouble finding nightlife and single women. I am coming from the NYC Metro area for a new job, location is not important since I work in outside sales. Money is no object I am willing to pay for quality. Looking for 1 bedroom 1 bathroom luxury apartments with amenities. I also posted this inquiry in Delaware since I am looking at another potential offer in DE. Any other good recommendations?

Thank you all in advance for the input.
Welcome to Connecticut !

Best will be New Haven, Stamford, Norwalk.

New Haven is mid size city in CT the downtown area is full of bars, clubs, young people of ages 18-28. The city is home to famous Yale University and three local colleges that is within city. On weekends New Haven bars and clubs are full of college students or young people in general. The city does have ton of new luxury apartments that is built within last 4 years. New Haven stick with Downtown, East Rock, Wooster Square area. The city hub the end route for Metro North that take you to NYC Amtrak stop at New Haven for NYC or Boston.

Norwalk is upcoming city that saw big improvements past 10 years most of city is suburban with middle and upper class neighborhoods. South Norwalk is urban and gritty section of the city renovated new Washington Street area that are some cool bars with live entertainment where single people flock to

Stamford is booming city it seem there new apartments and companies moving there almost everyday. The city has flock of young professionals that is moving to city or work within the city. Downtown Stamford is decent alot of bars and small coffee shops which is good place to meet singles. Stamford is just 40 mins by train from Manhattan.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:01 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
I'd suggest Stamford. New Haven is decent for college aged women but that's about it. Stamford is close to New York so you can draw from that crowd, plus you have Westchester and the rest of Fairfield County.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:50 PM

7 posts, read 5,760 times
Quote:
why that order?

Old 01-15-2017, 02:51 PM

7 posts, read 5,760 times
location might not be a factor for your job, but it will be if you have to ride on 95 or the merrit everyday through traffic

Old 01-15-2017, 03:15 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySpinZone34 View Post
why that order?
Downtown New Haven = college woman from Yale and three other local Universities at bars/clubs
Stamford = close to NYC more young professionals around the area
Norwalk = similar to Stamford but smaller crowd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut