Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 05:23 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,185,266 times

Advertisements

Rund1987, your allegiance to Oz is admirable. It really is.
That said he has no chance of winning. Unless they come up with a video of Ned and Stef together doing some very illicit act together!!
So your most likely voting for Lamont by default. If you like Ned as a 2nd choice then good for you i guess. But thats how it nets out.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:30 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Rund1987, your allegiance to Oz is admirable. It really is.
That said he has no chance of winning. Unless they come up with a video of Ned and Stef together doing some very illicit act together!!
So your most likely voting for Lamont by default. If you like Ned as a 2nd choice then good for you i guess. But thats how it nets out.
Not 100% in agreement with Oz and Monte. I think Lamont has some good ideas thrown in there. However. also feel has a lot of reach by the State Government. Stefanowski ha some good ideas as well. However, concerned about the zero based budget and time frame of implementing his tax reform.

The only choice for me is Oz.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:54 PM

154 posts, read 79,161 times
A vote for OZ is a wasted vote. Stefanowski is the only clear choice Connecticut has for any future. Lamont will be a complete disaster just like Malloy. The bigger problem is the Democrat controlled legislature that has caused a lot of harm to our state. The cities are destroying the state and the excessive spending never ends. We need to cut taxes on the working people and actually narrow down spending. Voting for a liberal progressive democrat like Lamont is not what we need. Look how Hartford gets bailed out after being run into the ground by poor leadership and wasteful spending. We can't let this rich state fall apart anymore.
Stefanowski might not be the perfect candidate but he will be a better choice than Crazy Ned.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:55 PM

830 posts, read 684,727 times
Stefanowski's plan is incomplete and mostly serves as red meat for the dogs. That said, I'll likely vote for him because chances are we're seeing a Democrat-controlled legislative body. Stefanowski would, at the very least, be a check for the legislation being signed into law. Stefanowski may be best for negotiating more moderate, financially conservative bills and plans for this state. I highly doubt we'll actually see what he's dreaming up at the moment. On the other hand, Lamont would be Malloy 2.0 and a vote for Oz is a vote for Lamont.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
A vote for OZ is a wasted vote. Stefanowski is the only clear choice Connecticut has for any future. Lamont will be a complete disaster just like Malloy. The bigger problem is the Democrat controlled legislature that has caused a lot of harm to our state. The cities are destroying the state and the excessive spending never ends. We need to cut taxes on the working people and actually narrow down spending. Voting for a liberal progressive democrat like Lamont is not what we need. Look how Hartford gets bailed out after being run into the ground by poor leadership and wasteful spending. We can't let this rich state fall apart anymore.
Stefanowski might not be the perfect candidate but he will be a better choice than Crazy Ned.
Want to avoid bailing Cities out vote for Oz. He is taking a political move from Detroit renting out Government buildings so Cities can tax them.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:39 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Wow, according to this analysis by CT Mirror the claim that Malloy gave our state the second largest tax increase in history is false. Interesting. Jay

https://ctmirror.org/2018/10/01/not-...es-ct-history/

Old 10-01-2018, 09:22 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
To be honest I like Oz. I don't live in CT but just looking at the websites of Ned, Oz and Stefanowski there's something obvious. Oz lists stances on the issues on page one. The other aren't. The state needs ideas, not just party politics. Oz's site says "we". The others say "I". Oz shows his Lt Governor. The other two don't.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:22 PM

249 posts, read 354,638 times
I can't vote for Stefanowski. I think he's terrible. I voted for Boughton in the primaries.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:21 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Want to avoid bailing Cities out vote for Oz. He is taking a political move from Detroit renting out Government buildings so Cities can tax them.

Selling Govt assets doesn't make sense since a private owner / business exists to make profit. Govt doesn't need to make a profit. A private business is not going to rent a building back to the Govt (Oz's lease back scam) at a discount rate when they can rent that building for market rate. Businesses are not altruistic.

This is part of the privatizing of America though so I'm not surprised a politician would suggest this and try to spin it in a way of benefiting the tax payer. Unfortunately, you among others here have fallen for the spin.

The Govt can accomplish the same thing by having the central Govt authority (in this example state of CT) giving Hartford and other cities more tax money. No lease back scam required.

All taxpayers own the Govt's assets and I do not want those assets in private hands.

As I said before Oz is just a Libertarian in an independents clothing. What's super sad is Oz is not smart enough to know he's being played. Once he privatizes all the Govt assets to his buddies he thinks that will give him admission to the "blue blood club" of Hartford. Little does he know that they won't even let him park their cars.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Selling Govt assets doesn't make sense since a private owner / business exists to make profit. Govt doesn't need to make a profit. A private business is not going to rent a building back to the Govt (Oz's lease back scam) at a discount rate when they can rent that building for market rate. Businesses are not altruistic.

This is part of the privatizing of America though so I'm not surprised a politician would suggest this and try to spin it in a way of benefiting the tax payer. Unfortunately, you among others here have fallen for the spin.

The Govt can accomplish the same thing by having the central Govt authority (in this example state of CT) giving Hartford and other cities more tax money. No lease back scam required.

All taxpayers own the Govt's assets and I do not want those assets in private hands.

As I said before Oz is just a Libertarian in an independents clothing. What's super sad is Oz is not smart enough to know he's being played. Once he privatizes all the Govt assets to his buddies he thinks that will give him admission to the "blue blood club" of Hartford. Little does he know that they won't even let him park their cars.
Stefanowski is more Libertarian. Wants to privatize more Government services than Oz. Oz is a middle of the road Ineependent like Gary Johnson.

This is a good read...
A blueprint to turn around Hartford | HartfordBusiness.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut