Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 AM

723 posts, read 1,004,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothly323 View Post
Curious to hear what locals think about this ranking. Has that been your experience?

https://www.movebuddha.com/blog/best...oung-families/
I think Stamford is the right place for some people. I do not think this ranking has taken into account any of the "insider info" about what is really going on in Stamford. Their BOE is a crony system run by completely incompetent people. The woman who is in charge is actually like a criminal and people tried to remove her a couple of years ago. Maybe Stamford is good for families leaving worse schools and worse areas. To give it the 7th best ranking nationally is absurd. I could list all sorts of things going on there from the terrible case of the Stamford Hs english teacher who was not only supplying weed to several kids but was also having sex with a few of them in her car, even in the school parking lot. She is now in jail and one of the two boys involved was killed in Bridgeport in a drug deal gone bad about 4 months ago. A kid on her way to take the SATs at Stamford HS; was literally run over by a work van right in front of the school. A guy was murdered in front of McDonalds on like the main corner in town at Route 1 and Broad at like 6pm one night like 18 months ago? two blocks from the police HQ. The Stamford mall is full of gang members looking for trouble. The parks although some nice ones visually are chock full of immigrants some legal and some not legal. The elementary schools are completely over-crowded; ask anyone who is living there; maybe have kids in the schools. The cove area is full of houses with illegal apartments with dangerous living conditions. About a month ago a 19 year old illegal alien was arrested for raping, yes raping a 3 year old left in his care in the cove area. About 2 years ago the very popular Cove Island Park that I love to go to and everyone loves; gorgeous on the water was the site of a brutal 6:00am rape of a jogger which as far as I know remains unsolved. A lot of not good stuff happening in Stamford. I suppose if you are wealthy and can live on the water or up in north Stamford, north of the Merritt Parkway and want to send your kids to private school maybe it would be a good choice. They do have excellent public facilities; and the ones that are not over run by the masses like their golf courses are really nice. I live right next to the second most popular beach in Stamford for 8 months and you would not believe the amount of trash and actual food just left in boxes and on plates that is left behind. Not only is it disgusting but it is disturbing that people who are obviously enjoying the beauty of the park would disrespect it so badly. I lived there, I witnessed this first-hand. i know that these people are 90% immigrants, mostly legal immigrants and they are from terrible places all over the world and they were never taught to be kind to their environment or to be considerate. They are plenty of them from Poland, eastern europe, Russia, all over the world. Anyone here who does not agree or believe me go walk the beach area at Cummings Park on a Sunday am once it is warm. It is so gross, you might even puke. I hate Stamford!
The roads are full of potholes too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 08:38 AM

328 posts, read 425,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
I think Stamford is the right place for some people. I do not think this ranking has taken into account any of the "insider info" about what is really going on in Stamford..

Immigrants, how revolting, no wonder you hate the town! You sure do have an insider track on the city's secret zeitgeist.

Stamford's unique diversity -- from an astonishing array of nations -- is what recommends the city as a special place for "some people" to raise families, exposing them to many cultures and beliefs .. to the actual rainbow world that those kids will live, get along, and hopefully thrive in. That's what's" really going on in Stamford."

btw, that ethnicity also makes Stamford an exciting venue to dine. You can find everything from Ethiopian cuisine to Latin and South American, Indian, Asian, Middle Eastern, even a South African restaurant soon to open on Summer Street. And of course Italian remains a mainstay of the city's culture and cuisine.

But then the town and its immigrants are probably an acquired taste. For some 130,000 people. Lacking "insider info."

Last edited by lginlg; 03-21-2017 at 08:55 AM..

Old 03-21-2017, 06:38 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Bridgeport is close to Norwalk/Stamford job area, 1 hour 15 mins to Grand Central on Metro North with all stops, 42 mins to The Bronx by driving no traffic. Bridgeport and New Haven is part of tri-state area NYC, Western CT, North and Central NJ, Long Island, Lower Hudson valley, Westchester county
When I was working in the Bridgeport and Danbury school systems I saw an interesting pattern with many students. Often starting out in the Bronx or adjacent Mt. Vernon, Yonkers or New Rochelle they initially moved to Stamford or Norwalk but then moved again to Bridgeport or Danbury. Sometimes they even moved from there to Waterbury.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:07 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,178,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
I think Stamford is the right place for some people. I do not think this ranking has taken into account any of the "insider info" about what is really going on in Stamford. Their BOE is a crony system run by completely incompetent people. The woman who is in charge is actually like a criminal and people tried to remove her a couple of years ago. Maybe Stamford is good for families leaving worse schools and worse areas. To give it the 7th best ranking nationally is absurd. I could list all sorts of things going on there from the terrible case of the Stamford Hs english teacher who was not only supplying weed to several kids but was also having sex with a few of them in her car, even in the school parking lot. She is now in jail and one of the two boys involved was killed in Bridgeport in a drug deal gone bad about 4 months ago. A kid on her way to take the SATs at Stamford HS; was literally run over by a work van right in front of the school. A guy was murdered in front of McDonalds on like the main corner in town at Route 1 and Broad at like 6pm one night like 18 months ago? two blocks from the police HQ. The Stamford mall is full of gang members looking for trouble. The parks although some nice ones visually are chock full of immigrants some legal and some not legal. The elementary schools are completely over-crowded; ask anyone who is living there; maybe have kids in the schools. The cove area is full of houses with illegal apartments with dangerous living conditions. About a month ago a 19 year old illegal alien was arrested for raping, yes raping a 3 year old left in his care in the cove area. About 2 years ago the very popular Cove Island Park that I love to go to and everyone loves; gorgeous on the water was the site of a brutal 6:00am rape of a jogger which as far as I know remains unsolved. A lot of not good stuff happening in Stamford. I suppose if you are wealthy and can live on the water or up in north Stamford, north of the Merritt Parkway and want to send your kids to private school maybe it would be a good choice. They do have excellent public facilities; and the ones that are not over run by the masses like their golf courses are really nice. I live right next to the second most popular beach in Stamford for 8 months and you would not believe the amount of trash and actual food just left in boxes and on plates that is left behind. Not only is it disgusting but it is disturbing that people who are obviously enjoying the beauty of the park would disrespect it so badly. I lived there, I witnessed this first-hand. i know that these people are 90% immigrants, mostly legal immigrants and they are from terrible places all over the world and they were never taught to be kind to their environment or to be considerate. They are plenty of them from Poland, eastern europe, Russia, all over the world. Anyone here who does not agree or believe me go walk the beach area at Cummings Park on a Sunday am once it is warm. It is so gross, you might even puke. I hate Stamford!
The roads are full of potholes too.
Q4 '16 - Guess who led the state (again) in single FAMILY homes sold with avg/med sales prices well over $500K?
Try and get away from the mirror for a couple of minutes and look it up.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:23 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
When I was working in the Bridgeport and Danbury school systems I saw an interesting pattern with many students. Often starting out in the Bronx or adjacent Mt. Vernon, Yonkers or New Rochelle they initially moved to Stamford or Norwalk but then moved again to Bridgeport or Danbury. Sometimes they even moved from there to Waterbury.
You need fixed income to live in Norwalk/Stamford so Bridgeport/Waterbury is cheaper option.

Last edited by BPt111; 03-21-2017 at 08:45 PM..

Old 05-04-2017, 08:17 AM

25 posts, read 20,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
...if you can afford it*
EXACTLY.

This should carry an asterisk saying "if you work in finance or tech" or are a "25 yr old millennial content on paying 3000$ pm to rent a 700 sq ft studio"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut