Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 09:48 AM

4,394 posts, read 3,281,890 times

Advertisements

Do you live near a UPS store? I bet you could have your packages sent there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 09:54 AM

40 posts, read 55,205 times
Thank you for the advice, I was about to go to the post office and ask about this but you all mention that it is the sender that decides if the packages get left at the door or not.

I don't know if this is relevant but I liked at my lease and it says " this community does accept packages on behalf of residents" but then since they say that this is a third party company and they
are not responsible for our packages anymore wouldn't that be contrary to the conditions of the lease?

Old 04-29-2017, 11:02 AM

40 posts, read 55,205 times
There is one close to us, I'll ask, thanks for the tip.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:06 AM

15,226 posts, read 8,835,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
My suspicion is some one at the apt rental office is getting referral fees for that "parcel pending" service. Although I don't see how they could be making any significant money if the fee is only $6 per month.
That would depend on how many apartments are in the complex. Let's say there are 100 apartments in the complex. That would be $600 a month. Since the contract is negotiated with the management company, the management company probably gets at least half of that fee, if not more. So that could be $300 a month to the management company to deal with people packages, that they were previously dealing with for free, and they don't even have to have any contact with the tenants. Not a bad deal for them. $300 a month for something they were previously doing for free, and less work. Management companies are always looking for new revenue streams.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:35 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,790,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That would depend on how many apartments are in the complex. Let's say there are 100 apartments in the complex. That would be $600 a month. Since the contract is negotiated with the management company, the management company probably gets at least half of that fee, if not more. So that could be $300 a month to the management company to deal with people packages, that they were previously dealing with for free, and they don't even have to have any contact with the tenants. Not a bad deal for them. $300 a month for something they were previously doing for free, and less work. Management companies are always looking for new revenue streams.
That wouldn't surprise me, but I still think the margins are too low to bother with all that.
A better answer is that the apt management probably doesn't want to do this work any more or they are getting tired of renters calling and asking "wheres my package"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut