Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:52 PM

302 posts, read 220,307 times

Advertisements

Natural Nutmeg voted Chamomille Natural Foods of Danbury Best Health Food store in 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 07:52 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipstermomdanbury View Post
Quietly, under the radar Danbury/Bethel/Ridgefield have become healthy food hotspots. I like to call this area Ridgebury.

There are amazing chefs here, amazing businesses and amazing natural food markets here (yes, we happen to also have Fairfield County's friendliest Whole Foods here as well) but these independents will knock your socks off.

As a former Californian, four generation native Californian, I often miss the local natural food stores with hot prepared foods, juice bars, restaurant space, just plain cool hangout.

Living in Southern Fairfield County we had upscale take out catering places but it wasn't until I moved to Northern Fairfield County that I found the East Coast version of Berkeley Bowl right here in Danbury!

Put this together with Ridgefield's Nature's Temptation, Organic food store, deli and restaurant, combined with Juice Boost of Bethel and the to die for Chamomille's Natural Food Store in Danbury along with POUR ME Natural Food and Drink and La Mexicana's juice bar and Fruiteria PLUS the always famous Sesame Restaurant here in Danbury (lucky for me 2 blocks from my house), and Banana Brazil's amazing fruit and salad buffet, plus, plus, plus Whole Foods and Bethel's expanded Caraluzzi's store which is focusing on uber healthy prepared foods like Kale salads, balsamic spinach salad with free range, organic chicken and amazing gluten free-organic bakery section, plus Kombucha of Danbury, the delicious and healthy alcohol alternative brewed right here in Danbury plus two of the healthiest food trucks in Fairfield County, Rice and Beans and the Green Grunion, you get the picture.

It's starting to look a lot like Northern California in Danbury and I am LOVIN' it.

If you are a natural food lover Ridgebury, i.e., Bethel, Danbury, Ridgefield ROCKS.

Go green, go organic, go natural foods, go delicious!
Ridgebury is an actual section of northern Ridgefield. Someone from this area would never think it has anything to do with Bethel. I would come up with a different name for your trifecta of healthy food towns. You will confuse locals if you continue to call it Ridgebury

Old 02-21-2018, 04:46 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,147,287 times
On a day where temperature records were shattered throughout much of the state, Danbury was the winner. It reached 77 degrees.

It's official: Danbury is the HOTTEST spot in Connecticut!!!

Old 02-21-2018, 05:22 PM

710 posts, read 402,554 times
I love Danbury too !

Old 02-24-2018, 02:51 PM

Tons of Meditation Classes being offered around Danbury.

8 Point Mindfulness Program
Saturdays Danbury Library
170 Main Street
Danbury, CT 06810
3 PM - 4 PM
To register call: (646) 509-6403

WCSU Midtown Campus (1,000 member meditation group--no, not all active)
103 Warner Hall
7PM
2nd Tuesday of the Month

Therapeutic Massage Lake Avenue
40 Lake Ave Ext Suite B, Danbury, CT 06811
(203) 826-3355

InnerEngineering in Danbury (484) 754-3976.

alisha@mindful-spirit.com.

Sahaja Yoga at the Danbury Library Mondays at 5:45 PM

Old 02-24-2018, 03:45 PM

710 posts, read 402,554 times
Danbury is a great city. I was fortunate enough to attend WCSU for a few years but I've heard it's gotten better since I graduated.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:07 AM

Default Cool West CONN

Hi~

I did not attend Western Connecticut University but I, agree, that the students there seem happy. I meet them all over town. The school has a cool vibe to it. It has a coffee house that hosts local musicians and a TON of art gallery shows, plays, theater and authors.

They list their events on Eventbrite and everyday there seems to be a new gallery opening over there.

I have also heard that the school has a great language department, behavioral analytics, business school.

The students coming over from New York make it cool too. TONS of New York license plates in the admissions office parking spaces. This makes the whole town of Danbury cosmopolitan. It might sound cheesy to some, but I love going out to the Cheescake Factory late and night and seeing all the West Conn students there on dates and meet ups!

The Padanaram Road side of Danbury is teeming with college students eating out at Bagelman, Pho Vietnam, the Cue, TK's, Down the Hatch in the Summer.

It's a great area. Lots of students also fancy Vitto's Dance Studio and the Common Ground dance studio downtown which offers hip hop, tango, samba, salsa, capoeira and a circus class which tons of young families are taking now downtown.

The keep your young adult at home movement certainly makes West Conn a big treasure for families who live in Danbury with children aged 18-25. Where I work, many of my co-workers attend West Conn; they are super co-workers.

West Conn does seem to be more popular with each passing year.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:20 AM

If true and talks are starting up again to connect Danbury to the Metro North Harlem line in Brewster, it would be huge for the city. I drive over those abandoned tracks all the time and have often thought what a brilliant idea it would be.
https://m.newstimes.com/local/articl...r-12876201.php

Old 05-01-2018, 06:51 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
If true and talks are starting up again to connect Danbury to the Metro North Harlem line in Brewster, it would be huge for the city. I drive over those abandoned tracks all the time and have often thought what a brilliant idea it would be.
https://m.newstimes.com/local/articl...r-12876201.php
Great idea. I would divert any funds from expanding/improving the Danbury Line to that. I’m still not sure what purpose that line serves. It’s slow, polluting, has low ridership, and creates noise for residents with its street grade crossings. Seems more wise to invest in the connection you mention, and the main NH line.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Great idea. I would divert any funds from expanding/improving the Danbury Line to that. I’m still not sure what purpose that line serves. It’s slow, polluting, has low ridership, and creates noise for residents with its street grade crossings. Seems more wise to invest in the connection you mention, and the main NH line.
Agree on all points. Hopefully the owner of the tracks is in fact finally warming up to the idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut