Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 08:47 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,461,488 times

Advertisements

Getting the sleet in Wallingford now, it’s pretty loud out there. 8” is what I measure when it stopped. Looks like late January outside.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:18 PM

413 posts, read 593,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Several friends of mine are posting horrific commutes on Facebook. My buddy who lives in Milford left Greenwich at 430 PM and is still on 95. Another former coworker said it’s taking 2 hours to go from Danbury to exit 14 in Southbury.

Boy, I do not miss you, Connecticut.
According to my dad, it took him over 1.5h to go from downtown stamford to westport starting after 6pm. He gave up on I95 and took the backroads.

Looks like we got a good 5-6" here in Manhattan before the changeover. When I checked last night I think we were slated for a mostly rain event...lol.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:18 PM

6,459 posts, read 4,854,034 times
I'm just below freezing and getting changed to shovel. All I can say is it looks like a lot. Will measure. My back hurts already

Old 11-15-2018, 09:20 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,713,780 times
Still coming down an inch an hour of snow in West Hartford. I'd say we have at least 8 inches by now. If we don't get a lot of rain washing it away overnight, I would be surprised if they don't have a late opening, maybe a 2 hour delay.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:25 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,761,334 times
Total rain in Stamford. This one is done. However it completely over-performed. Pretty sure we can say that ALL towns and city's in CT were caught off guard. If they only would have listened to Cambium.. hilarious to watch it all go down.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:31 PM

13,962 posts, read 13,726,329 times
This storm was worst than expected and traffic is unbelievable 2 hours 40 mins just to go 25 miles

Old 11-15-2018, 09:35 PM

11,242 posts, read 18,717,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Tough one because if that mid level warmth comes in faster than say goodbye to snow or hello to a faster change over. But you have to worry about sleet/ice too. I say let them go!

Here it comes... Watching that rain/snow line. Use the metars to see actual PType from ground. Sometimes radar doesn't pick up the exact thing. DC reporting a mix Rain/Snow right now.

Freezing line at 5000' is just north of Philly BEFORE the precip. Have to watch that.

Loop last 4 hrs. 2:15-6:15am Nov 15, 2018.

You can see the spinning Upper Low over Southern Illinois.
Snowing in Missouri and Illinois while Ice Storm in Eastern Indiana and Ohio.

They should've let them go. I left my school in Norwalk at 3:15.....it was all good (it had just started snowing and nothing stuck yet) until I got to about Greenwich and then it was like I hit a brick wall of snow. Was on the highway in Westchester for 4 hours and then my car died . I was lucky, I had just gotten off 95 when I saw the signs I was about to have a problem and got it into the parking lot of a hotel. I was going to even stay there (despite it being just 4 miles from home) but they had no vacancies but they are letting me keep the car there until I can tow it (it was also near Metro North and I live near Metro North so that's how I finally got home around 9pm).

And in my daughter's school some kids are "stranded" and staying overnight (it's a private school and some parents drive a while to get them, though others are bussed). It's 10 miles from my home and it took my wife 3 hours to go up and back to get her. They should've early dismissed, lesson learned.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
They should've let them go. I left my school in Norwalk at 3:15.....it was all good (it had just started snowing and nothing stuck yet) until I got to about Greenwich and then it was like I hit a brick wall of snow. Was on the highway in Westchester for 4 hours and then my car died . I was lucky, I had just gotten off 95 when I saw the signs I was about to have a problem and got it into the parking lot of a hotel. I was going to even stay there (despite it being just 4 miles from home) but they had no vacancies but they are letting me keep the car there until I can tow it (it was also near Metro North and I live near Metro North so that's how I finally got home around 9pm).

And in my daughter's school some kids are "stranded" and staying overnight (it's a private school and some parents drive a while to get them, though others are bussed). It's 10 miles from my home and it took my wife 3 hours to go up and back to get her. They should've early dismissed, lesson learned.
Wow, what school has stranded kids?? that's crazy.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:47 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,713,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Total rain in Stamford. This one is done. However it completely over-performed. Pretty sure we can say that ALL towns and city's in CT were caught off guard. If they only would have listened to Cambium.. hilarious to watch it all go down.
Hey, if only NYC had listened to Cambium about Hurricane Sandy in 2012. He was predicting it over a week in advance, if I remember right, saying that it was going to be horrible.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Hey, if only NYC had listened to Cambium about Hurricane Sandy in 2012. He was predicting it over a week in advance, if I remember right, saying that it was going to be horrible.
For sure! To be honest that storm is why people think I'm a weather wizard. I saw Cambium talking about it and I told them what he said (giving him the credit) for years and years after that, my younger sibling would ask me "What does cambium say" about all the snow storms.. she's in college now and has other things on her mind, but swear to god we have a dog named Sandy and she's just as crazy as the "Superstorm Sandy" ever was. got her just as the storm was hitting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut