Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which CT city will see biggest turnaround in 10 years besides Stamford?
New Haven 13 36.11%
Norwalk 6 16.67%
Bridgeport 1 2.78%
Hartford 3 8.33%
New London 1 2.78%
Danbury 7 19.44%
Waterbury 0 0%
Meriden 0 0%
New Britain 4 11.11%
Middletown 1 2.78%
Norwich 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 11:17 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,918,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It's arbitrage for companies that want a lower cost corporate location than New York. That doesn't make Stamford a "great city". Where's the world class university? The world class medical complex? The world class culture? Where are the nonstop flights to Tokyo and London? Stamford is a NYC edge city. People pay a premium to live in north Jersey, too.
I never said it was World Class but it still is a great city. Stamford itself may not have those things but it is not far from them. It does not need its own airport since it is under an hour from JFK and LaGuardia. It does not need a world class university but in under an hour you can be at Columbia or Yale or any of a dozen other major universities. It does not need its own major medical center because it is not far from some of the greatest in the world in New York or New Haven. Of course Stamford is an edge city but that does not mean it is not great, otherwise it would not be home to so many major companies and some of the priciest real estate in the country. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 03:10 PM

723 posts, read 1,004,540 times
Default Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
New Haven has a lot of potential Yale/Downtown area, East Rock, Wooster Square, The area near East Rock park, The Cove.

Hartford has nice mini skyline and upcoming downtown area.

Bridgeport area is affordable option compare to Norwalk-Stamford, Steelpoint we have to watch and Downtown, Black Rock is okay.
What is the avg cost of a one family home. older architecture in Black rock?

Old 01-05-2018, 03:33 PM

21,732 posts, read 28,065,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
What is the avg cost of a one family home. older architecture in Black rock?
Nice homes are usually in the 200-300 range.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:47 PM

11 posts, read 9,377 times
Danbury.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:45 AM

223 posts, read 172,344 times
Stamford is a great city, but only if you are rich. The wealth gap, economic inequality, and varying quality of education in Stamford area make it little more than a corporate playground for the upwardly mobile.

I think, out of any of these locations, Middletown has the right formula: an interesting downtown, central location, attractive outdoor options, a major liberal arts college, and a solid blue-collar base.

Lastly, I'd note that New Haven is probably a better city than Stamford. It's more middle class. With increasing cultural opportunities.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:15 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,455,104 times
I think Middletown will grow into a nice small city. Manchester is also kind of growing from a large town into a small city as well.

I have said for years I think New London has great potential but there is so much infighting and issues with their super small land area that keeps pushing them back. The growth at EB may help push them over thou into a great mini city.

Hartford I think has too many budget issues and again political infighting to grow like it should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut