Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 12:41 PM

537 posts, read 330,690 times

Advertisements

I asked this in a different thread. But is there any talk of BDL having a shuttle service from the Windsor Locks train station to the airport when the new Springfield-New Haven line opens up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 02:38 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz View Post
We either fly out of Bradley or Logan. Honestly, I prefer Bradley. We're often flying out early in the morning, so if we do Logan we have to pay to sleep over. Also, Bradley is so easy to deal with- lines are short, and parking is easy and available.

I like the idea of expanding the number of flights, provided that it doesn't change the things that make Bradley appealing.
Logan?? I assume you probably live east of the river?

Old 05-03-2018, 02:44 PM

468 posts, read 523,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Logan?? I assume you probably live east of the river?
Yup. Some people in this part of the state also choose to fly out of Providence, but I've never done that.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:54 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchem View Post
I asked this in a different thread. But is there any talk of BDL having a shuttle service from the Windsor Locks train station to the airport when the new Springfield-New Haven line opens up?

CT Transit plans to operate a bus between the windsor locks train station and BDL. Not sure when its going to start.

Currently there is the "Bradley Flyer" Route #30 that runs between downtown Hartford and BDL (including park and ride at exit 38)

https://www.cttransit.com/sites/defa...kdysched_0.pdf

Old 05-04-2018, 04:08 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times
We 99% of the time look to Bradley. I hate traveling down to NY airports, the cost of parking, lines, traffic, delays, etc. are just a headache. When I can be at the airport in 30-40 minutes, basically walk through check in and enjoy a clean and uncontested terminal where the gates are close by it’s a big win. Add in great parking services that are not pricey, on time flights, less stress taking off and landing (no sharp banks, drops, etc.) I really don’t mind if it’s a little more expensive. We look to White Plains to but they don’t offer much parking and it costs a lot in comparison.

For the flights we usually find direct because that is all we fly, I don’t do connections. Of course we typically do jaunts to Florida for cruises or Disney at this point with the kids.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:30 AM

723 posts, read 1,004,177 times
Default Bradley? How about TWEED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Twenty years is quite a long time but if they can keep expanding. Although I highly doubt they'd get much for Asia if they can expand more European flights and western US/Canada it could help. I find it to be a good airport but they could use a better parking garage.

Big changes on the way for Bradley Airport - WFSB 3 Connecticut
Why did Norweigian pull out of Bradley?

Tweed needs expanding

Old 05-04-2018, 10:34 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,037,963 times
Bradley is great for the Florida traveler. It just really isn't ideal for business travel. With connections a necessary evil, there aren't enough flights.

With the addition of a few mid to late morning flights - one to Chicago and one to either ATL or CLT - BDL would become a more reasonable option for me.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:43 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
Bradley is great for the Florida traveler. It just really isn't ideal for business travel. With connections a necessary evil, there aren't enough flights.

With the addition of a few mid to late morning flights - one to Chicago and one to either ATL or CLT - BDL would become a more reasonable option for me.
This, exactly. If you’re going to from TPA/FLL/MIA/ORD in FL, BDL is an excellent option. For anyone else, not so much.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:52 AM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
I never flew out in Bradley Airport since NYC airports are way closer

Old 05-04-2018, 11:50 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post

BDL is good for flights to Puerto Rico too. I hate BDL for numerous reasons, but one big one is that most flights have connections especially with those little Dash 300 planes flying into EWR. Forget about EWR I hate that airport. I'd rather deal with luggage on the train going to JFK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut