Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 04:01 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times

Advertisements

Glad this came up! I was wondering myself. I spoke to a realtor who sends me monthly newsletters of stats and he said he's been selling properties with "multiple" offers lately..

A girl I know got an offer on her home within 5 days in Norwalk. Priced near comparables.

Graph shows less inventory yr over yr which I thought meant people are just not listing as much and rather holding but it meant people are selling and there's less inventory of availables..

A family member was looking for a condo and came across a thin market for them. The ones she liked actually had an accepted offer.

So I believe we are in or at least turning the corner into a sellers market.

Good news for the CT Market. Interest rates are low, economy doing great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 04:14 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Interest rates are creeping up. Up at least .5% from a year ago

Old 06-01-2018, 04:42 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhall1 View Post
There's limited inventory in the Greater Danbury-New Fairfield area. Any decent single family homes under $400,000 generally should deposit in under 30 days in priced well for condition. Newtown and New Milford are a little slower but still fairly active in that price range. New Fairfield and Brookfield has lower inventory for 'move up' caliber homes too, generally $425,000 to $525,000 which is keeping some buyers from listing their starter homes if they don't have a place to go.
'
A realtor friend of mine in NF pretty much confirms this — for the price range of a young typical first time home buyer in Danbury-area markets (excluding Ridgefield of course) things are moving fast - within a month, and sometimes within even days for the real entry-level price point. Middle market (which sadly I am in, not so much so yet). But she says it’s trickle-up and that mid point is the last segment to recover in this neck of the woods. I would imagine when I start seeing the high-end homes in town start trending upwards too, then the middle market ($400-$550) should start moving as well. I hope...

Old 06-01-2018, 05:41 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,903 times
The surge started after the national election. Whats good for Wall st is good for Ct. Rising interest rates are motivating all those on the fence to buy.
Nothing to do with Malloy, except possibly the hope that things will improve after he leaves. He helped keep values low for too long.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:09 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Interest rates are creeping up. Up at least .5% from a year ago
Should keep going up from here on out (maybe slowly?)..but still...very low. Its helping drive the market better.

Imagine living in the 70s and early 80s? Makes you appreciate those who bought and stayed in the same home.. Imagine having an interest rate over 10%?

Source:

Old 06-01-2018, 07:25 PM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,711 times
These are good insights to have on the "stepping up" of housing inventory - we'd love to sell and upgrade too, but have been really unimpressed by the housing in the 450-600K range in western NH/northern Fairfield - it sounds like it's a function of the market and that maybe we'll see some improvement soon.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:29 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
These are good insights to have on the "stepping up" of housing inventory - we'd love to sell and upgrade too, but have been really unimpressed by the housing in the 450-600K range in western NH/northern Fairfield - it sounds like it's a function of the market and that maybe we'll see some improvement soon.
Let’s hope! It honestly would benefit us all. Seriously starting to think of our down sizing years, and would really love to sell without taking the big hit I know we would now ..I realize it’s all cyclical, but this has been a damn long down cycle, at least up in our neck of the woods!

Old 06-02-2018, 09:45 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
I just got off the phone with Capt Obvious. He said the uptick is due to spring fever and the ending of the school year.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:05 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I just got off the phone with Capt Obvious. He said the uptick is due to spring fever and the ending of the school year.
Really? Give the posters here more credit. We are all aware that the housing market spikes in the Spring. It just hadn’t been like this Spring in years.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:33 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Kind of like the increased traffic on 95 that a certain poster said was a delusion, yeah?

As usual, you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut