Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 08:51 AM

6 posts, read 3,406 times

Advertisements

Good morning. We're moving to new haven. I'm kinda nervous and don't know much about it. Any advice or things and places to be weary of? Anyone know about special education? The beach? Certain things for kids like sports or other after school activities or where to look ? I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 09:06 AM

21,500 posts, read 27,747,936 times
Where in New Haven are you moving to?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:59 AM

34,648 posts, read 56,427,911 times
Are you moving to the City of New Haven or the New Haven metropolitan area? Also, what is your budget, what do you want or need for that budget and what type of area do you want to live in (urban, suburban or rural). New Haven is a large city by Connecticut standards and it represents the core urban area of a metro area of about 862,000 people. The city itself is just 20 square miles but adjacent to it are independent towns that serve as its suburbs. If you want well performing schools, you might consider living in one of them instead of the city itself. Just like any city, New Haven has its good areas and its bad. The better neighborhoods include downtown, Wooster Square, East Rock, East Shore and Westville among others. Other here may be able to help with more suggestions of you give us more information. Jay

Old 07-29-2018, 07:42 AM

6 posts, read 3,406 times
West Haven. It's not too far from the pez visitors center, the exit after and then a mile and a half or so.
We went thru the neighborhood all nice curb appeal mainly single family homes. The median income statistically fits us. I am very out of my element. Lived in the same neighrbood for almost 48 years.
I am looking forward to my next chapter. New beginnings.
Any thoughts suggestions on special education? Jobs? I have a 21 year old, who needs to find work.
Thank you. ����

Old 07-29-2018, 08:09 PM

4,387 posts, read 3,270,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niesey44 View Post
West Haven. It's not too far from the pez visitors center, the exit after and then a mile and a half or so.
We went thru the neighborhood all nice curb appeal mainly single family homes. The median income statistically fits us. I am very out of my element. Lived in the same neighrbood for almost 48 years.
I am looking forward to my next chapter. New beginnings.
Any thoughts suggestions on special education? Jobs? I have a 21 year old, who needs to find work.
Thank you. ����
If you have school age children the schools in West Haven are not the greatest. Median incomes are a little more in East Haven and Branford and the schools are better. They are safer than West Haven too. Maybe you can get into one of those towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut