Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 09:00 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtohartfordct View Post
It’s not silly though. It would be more important for tampons and diapers to be tax free than paint. Because most families use those things regularly.

It's an EXTRA tax on paint, like paying a medical waste disposal fee. It has nothing to do with sales tax. Nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 03:18 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times
Quote:
Population growth is an important part of a health economy, specifically young fertile people who want babies.

Do you think 1.50 paint tax would make people leave? I was pointing out the ridiculousness of being upset about a paint tax when other more important items are tax free.
Its ridiculous to think Ct is now bringing in more fertile, young people due to not taxing tampons, etc.

Maybe the OP is a pro painter?
Whats ridiculous is how are state finds new and creative ways to seperate us from our money, and yet still remains broke and in debt.

The outcome of this fact, is that we all are a little bit poorer as the patrons of this mismanaged state

Old 09-03-2018, 04:07 AM

4,537 posts, read 6,795,938 times
The tax is used for a recycling program to encourage people to properly dispose of paint so that it can be properly recycled. Most towns collect it at their transfer station at no additional charge.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2014/rpt/pdf/2014-R-0264.pdf

Old 09-03-2018, 05:59 AM

331 posts, read 207,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Its ridiculous to think Ct is now bringing in more fertile, young people due to not taxing tampons, etc.

Maybe the OP is a pro painter?
Whats ridiculous is how are state finds new and creative ways to seperate us from our money, and yet still remains broke and in debt.

The outcome of this fact, is that we all are a little bit poorer as the patrons of this mismanaged state
I didn’t post that though. Maybe reread my responses. Pro painters file differently. Paint they buy is a business expense.

They also find creative ways to allow residents to keep their money, like making diapers and tampons tax free. Those are things families buy monthly, paint is not.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:15 AM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
They also find creative ways to allow residents to keep their money, like making diapers and tampons tax free. Those are things families buy monthly, paint is not.
It's creative all right - it's making people think they are getting a deal when in reality it's not costing the state much because - tampons and diapers?!

Hate to tell you, but I know many who have NEVER bought diapers or tampons. And I'm female.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:39 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
How much paint are you buying. 1.50 per gallon doesn’t break the bank. CT recently made tampons and diapers tax free. It’s really great for families and women. 1.50 a gallon doesn’t break the bank.

Making diapers tax free= a pro family state.
I love when people say “it’s only 1.50”.

When you add up all taxes (which effectively makes CT the second most tax burdened state in the US), it starts to break the bank for middle class residents.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I love when people say “it’s only 1.50”.

When you add up all taxes (which effectively makes CT the second most tax burdened state in the US), it starts to break the bank for middle class residents.
You’re not middle class if 1.50 would break you. Middle class people spend more than that on morning coffee.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
It's creative all right - it's making people think they are getting a deal when in reality it's not costing the state much because - tampons and diapers?!

Hate to tell you, but I know many who have NEVER bought diapers or tampons. And I'm female.
But most people have or will.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:50 AM

35 posts, read 21,497 times
I think that the extra fee is to fund paint recycling. You can take left over paint to a number of stores now to be recycled.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:56 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
You’re not middle class if 1.50 would break you. Middle class people spend more than that on morning coffee.
I guess you missed the entire second half of my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut