Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 05:10 PM

51 posts, read 55,454 times

Advertisements

Just came back from Home Depot, Never knew CT is one of only three States that tax's paint (1.50 per gallon) something called a "paintcare fee" no state has more ways to take your money then this one...Remember... come November keep voting for the same people running this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 07:12 PM

6,491 posts, read 4,895,163 times
More than three

https://www.paintcare.org/fees/

Old 09-02-2018, 07:38 PM

331 posts, read 206,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvon.zipper View Post
Just came back from Home Depot, Never knew CT is one of only three States that tax's paint (1.50 per gallon) something called a "paintcare fee" no state has more ways to take your money then this one...Remember... come November keep voting for the same people running this show.
How much paint are you buying. 1.50 per gallon doesn’t break the bank. CT recently made tampons and diapers tax free. It’s really great for families and women. 1.50 a gallon doesn’t break the bank.

Making diapers tax free= a pro family state.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:40 PM

26,649 posts, read 28,528,829 times
In MA food and clothing (up to a certain amount) are tax free. I agree with that because food and clothing are essentials.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtohartfordct View Post
How much paint are you buying. 1.50 per gallon doesn’t break the bank. CT recently made tampons and diapers tax free. It’s really great for families and women. 1.50 a gallon doesn’t break the bank.

Making diapers tax free= a pro family state.

It's an EXTRA tax on paint

Pro-family - sheesh that is not going to keep people here over other states.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
In MA food and clothing (up to a certain amount) are tax free. I agree with that because food and clothing are essentials.
Junk food is taxed in CT (e.g. candy). We have an annual tax free week for clothing.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
It's an EXTRA tax on paint

Pro-family - sheesh that is not going to keep people here over other states.
Population growth is an important part of a health economy, specifically young fertile people who want babies.

Do you think 1.50 paint tax would make people leave? I was pointing out the ridiculousness of being upset about a paint tax when other more important items are tax free.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtohartfordct View Post
Population growth is an important part of a health economy, specifically young fertile people who want babies.

Do you think 1.50 paint tax would make people leave? I was pointing out the ridiculousness of being upset about a paint tax when other more important items are tax free.
I don't at all think a paint tax would make people leave (and I'll bet more and more states will be doing this anyway). Nor do I think non-taxable diapers and tampons will make people stay. I just think it's silly the things they pick and choose to be non-taxable.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I don't at all think a paint tax would make people leave (and I'll bet more and more states will be doing this anyway). Nor do I think non-taxable diapers and tampons will make people stay. I just think it's silly the things they pick and choose to be non-taxable.
It’s not silly though. It would be more important for tampons and diapers to be tax free than paint. Because most families use those things regularly.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:56 PM

34,774 posts, read 56,613,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
In Connecticut groceries are not taxed either. I think states that tax groceries are reprehensible. Groceries are a necessity and taxing them hurts people on limited incomes. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut