Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 09:10 AM

376 posts, read 598,889 times

Advertisements

We currently live in Westchester and are looking to move to Greenwich. The house we are considering has no school bus (just under 1 mile from elementary and 1.5 from middle school). This creates problems for us because my wife and I both work in the Bronx and the schools don't open until 8:30 or so.

We haven't used any nanny (other than back-up child care via Bright Horizons, courtesy of our employer), despite having 3 children. Now if we move to Greenwich we will need to hire someone to do the morning drop off for 3 days a week (I work from home two days).

Anyone used such service? How reliable were the nannies in your experience? What's the market rate? And lastly, it is common to use the nanny's car or do parents provide a car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 02:54 PM

830 posts, read 1,093,256 times
Generally you provide the car and going rate is between $18-25/hr depending on age and number of kids. Care.com is the easiest place to find someone, or try the Greenwich moms facebook sites.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:04 PM

331 posts, read 207,938 times
I used care for my old sitter. Dh was active at the time. She had a child the same age as my DD and her husband worked for a military contractor. So he had a clearance. I like knowing what someone’s spouse does.

I paid for her background check. It was under $100. It checked credit and criminal offenses. I had set times with her. If I cancelled last minute, I paid full. I asked for a resume with references. I paid $20 an hour per kid. She was first aid trained and had previous experience working with special needs adults. My kids have SN so it fit.

Post on care. I had about 25 people within a day after I posted my ad on care.

My sitter was 100% reliable. She cancelled once on us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut