Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:21 AM
hfd

47 posts, read 246,866 times

Advertisements

The shootings are mostly confined to the North End. Look at the police blotters and you will see the following streets show up time and time again: Vine, Mather, Garden, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 AM

77 posts, read 325,403 times
People shoot at each other everywhere. In Hartford, in Windsor, in Bloomfield, in East Hartford, in Manchester, in Vernon, in Weathersfield, in Windsor Locks.

I don't think any Hartford suburb has gone without at least a shooting incident, if not a gun murder, in the past 10 years.

People have guns everywhere, and people use guns everywhere.

This problem is bigger than Hartford.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:17 PM

639 posts, read 2,710,416 times
And all the cities you mentioned are for the most part suburbs. You can't compare those cities to Hartford either, for the most part.

Also, Hartford is a mere 17 square miles in size. If Hartford was like the typical large american city it would probably have at least 40-50 square miles. If you took that into the equations you are now talking Hartford, East Hartford, and West Hartford as one city. Think the bigger picture, Hartford's crime numbers are what you make of them. It is moms in the suburbs that won't ever go into downtown because of what the media makes it out to be.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:17 PM

136 posts, read 763,387 times
I guess it does not help that Hartford is about to become a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants, many of them with hefty criminal records. It was all over the national media last night. Great advetising for Hartford!

Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
I'm not big on illegal immigration either, but, where do you get that MANY of them have hefty criminal records. It seems that real statistics (meaning ones that are actually researched, not just ones Rush makes up) seem to indicate that the incidence of serious criminal records among immigrants is lower than the general population because:

A) In Many states a felony conviction = deporation
B) Illegals try to avoid contact with law enforcement due to their illegal status...

Again, I'm not for any type of illegal immigration, but let's try to prevent opinon from distoring actual fact so we can look for intelligent solutions.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 PM

136 posts, read 763,387 times
Oh as I said not ALL of them are criminals but there are some that are not here to do any good either. By becoming a sanctuary city it will add to the already existing problem. If law enforcement had their way they could/should question anybody they suspect on their immigration status.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,421 times
I'm seriously hurt by reading all of this... I LIVE in hartford, and have lived there all my life. I'm in college, The university of Hartford, It really isn't as bad as some of you are making seem. Yes, there is violence, but violence occurs everywhere. Instead of talking badly about Hartford, why not try to come up with a solution to make it safer..like the "Suburbs."

Old 08-22-2008, 07:02 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Kansas City had four murders resulting from shootings in a 24 hour period this week. I'd say that is much worse than anything Hartford has seen this year.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:06 AM

575 posts, read 3,131,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Kansas City had four murders resulting from shootings in a 24 hour period this week. I'd say that is much worse than anything Hartford has seen this year.
Worse than the 11 people shot (including children) at a festival parade a couple weeks ago?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:03 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
4 murders in a 24 hour period (plus other shootings and people shot) trumps 11 people shot in a single episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut