U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:33 PM

18 posts, read 63,747 times

Advertisements

Say, Ming? I'd say your best bet is to see if you could talk to some actual residents of Success village - and more than one. Then you'd have a wee bit more of a chance of getting an accurate picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 PM

6 posts, read 54,483 times
Some people who live there, live oblivious amazingly to anything, but those that find out late like me become really disappointed with the situation. About 23 years I lived there and found out more than I would like to have known.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Just one incident regarding my information about that recent manager Mr Reed. Who wasn't really a manager but a union employee elevated to manager by the Pres. Mrs Williams. The deal was really shady..she reportedly gave him a salary of about 60+ thousand for the past year to keep him quiet and the rest of the union employees until she figured out a way to install herself as the property manager as she just did last week or so for in excess of 100+ K per year.

That Mr Reed just about four years ago,who is one of the union employees that opts to live in the coop. Was under fire for having a mysterious water leak in his apartment that ruined it. When questioned about the matter there was no real explanation for a valve that he claimed came loose (conveniently his apt was due for remodeling at the time). Nevertheless the coop agreed to pay the repairs of his apartment while he as the coop carpenter at the time did the repairs himself all during work hours entirely remodeling his apartment on company time and materials (way beyond that which was damaged by the water leak).

He was the only person on duty the night the oil leak became known as I mentioned in a pre-post that currently is the cause of the 200k clean up and fines against the coop.

Last edited by mezinjo; 04-25-2008 at 11:00 PM..

Old 04-27-2008, 04:43 PM

Default Corruption at Success Village Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezinjo View Post
It would be the worst investment you could make in your life. There is a maintenance crew and office worker that are unionized. This work force controls the place like nobodies business. Currently the board of directors is so corrupt that arrests should be made. As of yesterday the president of the board Mrs Williams appointed herself as manager of the coop for an undisclosed amount of money. One of the current board member Mrs Johnson was a long time employee and union member for which this situation would be illegitimate at best. As unions go this would be categorized as one of the most corrupt with an over staffing of 4 to 1. These facts alone with the currently high common charge which will soon be drastically higher is a bad choice for a home
The trade union that currently represents the employees go much further than just normal representation. There are many family and friends that help them and inform them of daily events and happenings. There were two board (Mr Lawrence and Mrs Cannizzio) members about five years ago who help and supplied the union employees and officials of the union with information and documents related to there obligations as board members to the coop not the union.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:26 PM

42 posts, read 123,332 times
I'm glad you withdrew the offer. It would have been the worst mistake of your life. If you ever have questions concerning a neighborhood, call the police dept for the stats. Realtors cannot give you that kind of information even if they have it. You have to call on your own.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:12 AM

8,780 posts, read 16,243,214 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I doubt that she will get very far with calling the Bridgeport P.D. seeking information on crime stats for certain neighborhoods. They don't have the manpower to sit by the phone and answer those calls.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 PM

42 posts, read 123,332 times
Can't hurt to try. I'm an optimist.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:25 AM

4 posts, read 9,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MingCT View Post
Acornsower,
Thanks a lot for your comments. I guess I am gonna go get a townhouse in Success Park.
Have a good weekend!
i pass by the village an it look nice please let me know if you purchase one an how its going so far

Old 10-20-2008, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,037 times
Either you're really misinformed or blinded by anger because most of what you said is not accurate. Mrs. Williams NEVER got paid a dime for her two years as both Board President and Property Manager. Unions protect both employers and employees. As I understand it our crew was without a contract for 2 or 3 years. I think they were very patient. If I didn't have a contract, I'd involve my union to resolve the issue. I know it's hard to believe, but in 2008 $25 an hour for skilled labor is reasonable. Geez before taxes it's only $52,000 per year; that sounds like a lot of money but in today's economy it's hard to stretch $52K expecially if you're housing and feeding a family. I've been on a fixed income for several years now, and every year it gets harder to make ends meet. I blame the Washington fat cats, not the union. I don't know if your numbers are right with regard to the oil spill, but I am certain Mr. Reed was not to blame for it happening. Is cleairvoyance one of his job requirements? How is he supposed to know when a pipe is going to give out? In April you predicted our monthly common charges would be around $800. I'm paying half that much, how about you?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:32 PM

6 posts, read 50,024 times
thats the freakin ghetto...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut