Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 05:43 AM

1,572 posts, read 1,561,204 times

Advertisements

Pittsburg is the northernmost New Hampshire municipality. It shares an international border with Québec province, Canadato its west and north, and borders the states of Maine (to the east) and Vermont (a very small portion to the southwest). Directly to the south is Clarksville. Pittsburg is the only New Hampshire municipality to border Canada, the only one that borders both Maine and Vermont, and the only one to share a land border with Vermont. Pittsburg contains the only part of New Hampshire west of the Connecticut River, as that river defines the Vermont state line from Clarksville southward. New Hampshire's only Canadian border crossing is located at the northern end of town at the terminus of U.S. Route 3. The western edge of Pittsburg is defined by Halls Stream, being the "northwesternmost headwaters of the Connecticut River", which defined (ambiguously) the border in the Treaty of Paris of 1783.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 07:29 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Pittsburgh, NH shares a land border with Vermont per the town website:

Customs and Border Protection

The Connecticut Lakes that form the beginning of the CT river are in Pittsburgh.

I just learned a bit of geography.

I cross into Canuckistan at Derby VT all the time. I've never crossed the Connecticut anywhere north of I-93 at St Johnsbury. Other than Burke since it has a ski area, the Northeast Kingdom east of there is totally off my radar screen. I had no clue there was a NH town at the Quebec border that was west of the CT river with a mile of Vermont border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut