U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:31 AM

15,012 posts, read 18,467,760 times

Advertisements

My favorite antique store in the state is in Seymour. Seymour Antiques Co. Sooo cool! There's other antique shops there too. The tea place is adorable. It's really nice. Totally underrated town.

But still, if I were OP with a baby on the way, I'd choose renting in Naugatuck so I could save for a house in a place like Seymour when the time comes for schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:57 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,011,975 times
There is nothing wrong with Naugatuck as a place to live. It isn't anything fancy, but it is affordable and safe.

The few people I know who stayed after having children all send them to parochial school.

Others lived there to save money at first and then moved to towns like Middlebury or Watertown when their kids were closer to school age.

I don't know if I would move any further south if your wife will be working in Wolcott for the long haul. I say that from years of experience commuting through the valley to the Waterbury area.

It is way easier to be a dual income family if someone is working close-ish to home most of the time and if I recall correctly you work either on the coast or in the Hartford area.

Old Today, 10:51 AM

72 posts, read 26,116 times
If schools aren't a concern and you're looking to save some money by cheaper rent , Naugatuck would be ideal IMO. Some of it is nice , some of it is sketchy. I have colleagues who rent there now , they've had no issues in 3 years.

Old Today, 02:25 PM

339 posts, read 458,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
My favorite antique store in the state is in Seymour. Seymour Antiques Co. Sooo cool! There's other antique shops there too. The tea place is adorable. It's really nice. Totally underrated town.

But still, if I were OP with a baby on the way, I'd choose renting in Naugatuck so I could save for a house in a place like Seymour when the time comes for schools.
Is everyone on this board in their 80s? Nobody cares about antique shops or tea shops. The downtown in Seymour is a total dump. Across the street from this tea shop is a depressing strip mall with an Autozone and around the corner resides a tattoo parlor, gun shop, and a pawn shop...yeah sounds adorable, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut