Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2019, 09:33 PM

56 posts, read 78,598 times

Advertisements

I have heard that there are less spots at and around Milford Metro North station then few years ago, it that so?
While looking at a house I like with some land in Orange, I would have to commute to New Rochelle where our office is - 5 minutes walk from the train station. I could work 9-5 or 10:30-6:30. Perhaps I could avoid daily drive to New Rochelle by taking a 81 min train from Milford, as per Metro North Schedule, which could enable me to do some work or research on train which I do anyway once I get home. Then drive 15 minutes from the train station in Milford to the house in Orange. It takes a bit longer then driving yet may be more used time. What do you guys think about it? Is it worth taking metro north and how is the parking situation, are there waiting lists I know there are few old timers on this forum who live in Milford, not to name anyone but I enjoy reading your posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 09:39 PM

34,003 posts, read 17,035,093 times
2 year waiting list

Old 02-19-2019, 09:44 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
$6 a day to park, or walk from library parking lot. It’s free. Although you may need a Milford resident sticker.

Permits have a wait. They don’t really share how long. There’s a new parking lot, so there’s more spaces these days. It’s definitely quicker now.

The only problem with New Rochelle is there’s no direct trains. Not sure if there are any you could drive to. If you worked 10:30-6:30, traffic wouldn’t bad THAT bad.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
$6 a day to park, or walk from library parking lot. It’s free. Although you may need a Milford resident sticker.

Permits have a wait. They don’t really share how long. There’s a new parking lot, so there’s more spaces these days. It’s definitely quicker now.

The only problem with New Rochelle is there’s no direct trains. Not sure if there are any you could drive to. If you worked 10:30-6:30, traffic wouldn’t bad THAT bad.

2 yr waiting list, and that is only with Milford resident permit? Is there a monthly/annual fee or the only option is $6 per day?

There are not express trains to New Rochelle, but there is direct line (through train) one lands there at 8:52 after 81 min local ride from Milford. I could drive to Fairfield and avoid the Wesport-Norwalk traffic , catch the same train there that gets to NR in 59 minutes. I assume that parking in Fairfield is harder to get? I could also drive to Bridgeport but not sure of parking situation there, my Ms. Realtor complains that she never feels safe at the Bridgeport train station which leads her to park further away "across the street."

Are parking spots always available at Milford Library? Google estimates 7 minute walk. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2019, 02:12 AM

34,003 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaningIntheMeanwhile View Post
2 yr waiting list, and that is only with Milford resident permit? Is there a monthly/annual fee or the only option is $6 per day?

There are not express trains to New Rochelle, but there is direct line (through train) one lands there at 8:52 after 81 min local ride from Milford. I could drive to Fairfield and avoid the Wesport-Norwalk traffic , catch the same train there that gets to NR in 59 minutes. I assume that parking in Fairfield is harder to get? I could also drive to Bridgeport but not sure of parking situation there, my Ms. Realtor complains that she never feels safe at the Bridgeport train station which leads her to park further away "across the street."

Are parking spots always available at Milford Library? Google estimates 7 minute walk. Thanks!
$6/day is only other option, unless you park at library (and I am not sure that would not result in trouble). Spaces are available at that time, no doubt. Library opens much later.

Not sure Fairfield. Avoid Bridgeport-yes.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:36 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaningIntheMeanwhile View Post

No no. I mean the free parking at library MAY require a resident sticker. I’m not sure.

Non residents can apply for a permit. You should call them and see what the wait is. Contact Milford Transit District. You can apply now for safety. It’s $300 a year.

Fairfield parking is tight but Fairfield Metro is ample. I parked there when I had no permit in Milford.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:26 AM

Thank you guys, that is useful information, I will look into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut