U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:43 PM

2,555 posts, read 2,539,022 times

Advertisements

Really stupid observation here...
Do you think the “ negative” stigma around the state (not just in here) is related to state pride?

When I was in South Carolina people have the state stickers in their cars and they seem to have pride living there. How many CT stickers do you see on cars? Even Mass cars I see all the time have state stickers. Just a silly observation I was thinking about driving around today. I even have a South Carolina sticker on my truck but no CT one.

(Sticker from South Carolina is related to fishing because I fish down there a lot)

Side note: I over heard 3 older people (one clearly retired, one on her way and one about 50) all complaining about CT today at a cost cutters. It was actually funny to listen too because honesty some of what they were saying was so ridiculous is made no sense.

Old Today, 06:51 PM

16,384 posts, read 22,781,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
1,000 people complaining on facebook out of 3.5 million CT residents doesn't mean anything. Its statistically insignificant.

This forum does not reflect the majority of CT residents. Its the same 10 complainers here every day and it has driven away a lot of good posters.

I stay for LOL's - some of the stuff you complainers come up with is hilarious.
Youíre right. CT has incredible job growth, massive migration in, little to no poverty, rock bottom tax rates, is majorly in the black, is gaining millionaires and is overall very happy with their tax happy governor.

Hereís something a bit more scientific: About half of CT residents want to move to another state.

https://www.wnpr.org/post/why-half-c...-another-state

Last edited by kidyankee764; Today at 07:06 PM..

Old Today, 06:54 PM

16,384 posts, read 22,781,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Sorry but I agree with MrGompers. This forum hardly represents what most state residents feel. I watched Channel 3 news this morning but must have missed this poll and I canít find any mention of a poll on the WFSB website so it is hard to comment on it or what it said. Jay
https://www.wfsb.com/news/what-grade...xSFpPEpv8qU2x4

Again, unscientific but donít underestimate public opinion.

Old Today, 06:57 PM

18,121 posts, read 6,968,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
https://www.wfsb.com/news/what-grade...xSFpPEpv8qU2x4

Again, unscientific but donít underestimate public opinion.
12.1% did not vote F.

Malloy will be so proud.

Lamont follows in his footsteps.

Old Today, 08:58 PM

https://www.courant.com/news/connect...o5u-story.html

Old Today, 09:23 PM

3,720 posts, read 2,919,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Youíre right. CT has incredible job growth, massive migration in, little to no poverty, rock bottom tax rates, is majorly in the black, is gaining millionaires and is overall very happy with their tax happy governor.

Hereís something a bit more scientific: About half of CT residents want to move to another state.

https://www.wnpr.org/post/why-half-c...-another-state

CT has one of the lowest poverty rates in the United States.

As people leave CT new people come in to replace them. If people are leaving who is buying all the houses they leave behind ? or is everyone who leaves CT a renter ?

There is no suburb in CT that has swathes of empty houses and burnt out buildings.

CT is expensive because its desirable. No amount of complaining here will ever change that.

I guess Virginia is better though.

Old Today, 09:43 PM

Only 9 states had a net population loss last year. Connecticut was one of them.

Old Today, 10:09 PM

25,688 posts, read 41,600,713 times
This thread has turned into yet another ďletís complain about ConnecticutĒ thread which has been covered before on other threads. I am shutting it down. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or