Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 3,555 times

Advertisements

Hi I am new to this forum. Okay I am actually considering moving to Stamford CT. I am originally from the Bronx, NY and I would like to know more about this city. Is there anyone on here that can tell me more about this place? I want to know everything about this place before I move here. Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 11:06 AM

21,520 posts, read 30,932,128 times
You can learn the overview of Stamford by looking up it’s Wikipedia article. What specifically do you want to know? Commute? Schools? Cost? Economy? Demographics?

Old 05-15-2019, 01:18 PM

4,387 posts, read 3,269,098 times
I live in Trumbull CT but I was born and raised in Stamford. I still have a brother and many friends/relatives that live there so I am there all the time.

Stamford is a great little CT city and IMO one of the best in CT. Stamford and Danbury are the safest cities in CT and they are some of the safest cities in the country. Stamford will probably soon surpass Bridgeport as the largest city in CT as it is growing by leaps and bounds. In Stamford you really have the equivalent of three cities/towns all in one. The southern end of the town is the city and is the most dense. The middle of Stamford is suburban and north of the Parkway has a more country feel to it. I grew up near Westhill HS which is very close to the Parkway and I loved it there.

The one drawback is the schools are not the greatest so if you want very good schools you would need to look elsewhere. This page is from City Data and it gives an overview of Stamford.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Stamford-Connecticut.html

Old 05-15-2019, 05:10 PM

570 posts, read 470,590 times
Agree that Stamford is really a great little city. I have worked here for 8 years now. Just know that it is not densely populated like Bronx. It has some life during day and weekends but kind of dead during weekdays. It has expanded faster than people moving in so lots of apartment buildings but not many people filling the streets. Kind of transient as many families tend to move out for better schools.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:23 PM

21,495 posts, read 27,743,517 times
If you're nearby, maybe go there and explore?

Old 05-18-2019, 05:14 PM

328 posts, read 421,566 times
If you are used to an urban feel, Stamford has more of that than most Fairfield County cities. It just can't decide if it's a Big Small Town or a Small Big Town. Somewhere in between.

As others have pointed out there are more fact based sources than this forum and it's just a few miles from the Bronx, so take a look for yourself.

The issue will be your budget for housing ...

Old 05-19-2019, 02:05 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,498,150 times
A Big reason Stamford will become CT's largest city is the fact that the other 3 most populated cities have very constrained boundaries. Stanford's around twice as massive as each. The other obvious reason is that it's the only large city that's growing very much.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,555 times
Thanks everyone. Actually I'm just taking moving to Stamford into consideration for right now. Nothing is set in stone just yet. It's just an option right now. Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut