U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2008, 07:11 PM

14,551 posts, read 23,172,866 times

Advertisements

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days. We have been on vacation. First let me say that all of the schools in Glastonbury are excellent. I would worry less about the school and concertrate more on finding a nice home in a neighborhood you like. We are in the Naubus district which is considered the "bad" school and it has been nothing short of fabulous. Secondly, the local YMCA offers after school programs. I believe they have programs in each school. You can check with them. As for the 12 year old going to a different school, I am not sure why this is a problem. I am not sure if there is an after school program in the middle school but at 12 he may be ready to be home alone. Jay
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 04:51 PM

21 posts, read 39,383 times
Jay thanks for getting back to me. I've been away for a few days myself. The main reason we chose Glastonbury is for the great schools. We are now in the process of trying to find housing. Also, after school care. The kids could stay at home for a few hours alone after school, but their Dad feels this is not a great way to have social interaction, etc especially since relocating 3000 miles away. In CA they have programs for the after school crowd so that is what they are used to at the moment. I just thought if they were both going to the same school that makes it a bit less complicated to find after care for both of them.. especially if they have to be driven somewhere, etc.

so I am still welcoming suggestions on things to do after school, also housing .. possibly renting for now.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: