Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 709 times

Advertisements

Hello Friends..
I am moving to Farmington, CT from Columbus by Oct 1st week 2019.
I need some information about Farmington area...any review on Lake view apartment?

Appreciate your help..

Thanks,
Sanu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 05:17 PM

34,934 posts, read 56,945,109 times
What do you need to know? Farmington is a beautiful affluent suburb of Hartford. It has excellent schools, among the best in the region and state. There are good stores and restaurants as well as a portion of the region’s best shopping mall, Westfarms, which straddles the West Hartford town line.

Over the years we have had posters who lived at the Lake View Apartments and they liked it. The complex is older but it is well maintained and has been updated. The complex is adjacent to a great multi use trail and near a nice privately run recreation area called Winding Trails. The only possible issue with Lake View is that it is on very busy Route 4 which is known for its excessive traffic backups in the vicinity of Farmington village. The state has made roadway improvements which have helped greatly but still some backups exist. Jay

Old 09-13-2019, 05:22 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
You really can’t go wrong in Farmington. Where will your job be?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:46 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,960,759 times
Welcome to Connecticut. Farmington is a nice upscale town and conveniently located near major shopping (West Farms Mall) and two important highways in I-84 and Route 9

Very good public schools, low crime rate.

I haven't lived in an apartment since the early 1990s, so I really can't say much about that apartment complex in particular.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:28 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I don't know anything about the apartment complex but Farmington is okay. There's a nice rather high end small grocery store called Highland Market and also an expensive/not so great Stop and Shop. Schools are good, high school is right next to the excellent and huge public library and town hall. Rte 4 is an absolute mess of traffic tie ups.

Police station is in the Unionville area. There's a beautiful bike path along the Farmington River. The river has good fishing and kayaking. If you want some fun and less boredom, there is Collinsville, which is a section of neighboring Canton. There you can find restaurants and entertainment, a farmers market, a lot of kayaking and tubing in summer.

The town has always been known for its historic houses and the part it has played in American history. It's a lot more built up than it was even about ten years ago and that's probably what's keeping the taxes down. Most stores are up on rte 44 or at the West Farms Mall. It's hilly around here but the roads are kept pretty clear in winter. That's about all I know but I think you will like it here.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:32 AM

7,519 posts, read 13,624,634 times
Re Lake View apts, it is a very nice campus of low-rise 2-story buildings around the lakes. Lots of trees and open spaces.

My daughter's family lived there for several years before buying a house nearby. The apt rooms were bigger than the house's ! Their's was the 2 story townhouse unit with a patio/balcony.

If you have not seen Lake View's website, its here: https://www.equitymanagement.com/pro...ew-apartments/

Also https://goo.gl/maps/smfGDwJdWMUUguBH6

If the OP would respond back with their work location, we could advise on any commuting issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut