Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 07:10 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,554,260 times

Advertisements

Hey All

So I hope you are all doing very well!!! Welcome to the fourth annual Connecticut Town Tournament!!! Most of you who have been here a while will likely remember the last Town Tournaments that I organized two years ago, and four years ago, and maybe even the first one six years ago if you have been here for that long. Here is a link to all of them if you want to go back and see:

2014: http://www.city-data.com/forum/conne...hos-ready.html

2016: http://www.city-data.com/forum/conne...ii-2016-a.html

2018: Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT III (2018)

I know many of you had a lot of fun with these tournaments, especially the 2016 one. The 2016 one was extremely epic, and many of you enjoyed it so much. I promised right after the end of the 2016 tournament, that I was going to do another one in 2018, so here it is!!! And the good thing that always makes all of these tournaments different is because towns can change a little in a matter of two years, and there are always new voters who will be voting, and different towns will face each other, so there is always something new to experience every tournament.

Format: In order to change thing up and make things a little more interesting, this 2020 Tournament will be formatted a little differently than then last two. So we will start by county. Each county will have a bracket, and we vote like we did previously. The winner and the second place of each county will face off in the last 16 and then there is a new bracket until we've got the Final Round, and of course whichever town wins that final bracket will win the tournament. Instead of doing a new draw each round, I did the draw for the whole brackets earlier today. The next actual random draw will be when we have the Last 16 towns competing. Then we draw for a new bracket. Towns have been seeded due to their performance in the last two tournaments. You might notice that Connecticut has 169 towns and that's an odd number. Therefore many towns are skipping the first round and will start second round. I will post the whole brackets on here for you to get an idea of how this works. However, please NO VOTING AHEAD. ONE ROUND AT A TIME!!!

Procedures: For those of you who are new and / or might not remember the previous tournaments, let me explain the procedures. So there are many rounds. Out of 169 towns, two will face each other, and you will vote in each fixture regarding which town would be your favorite out of the two. It could be the town you would rather live in, rather vacation in, your choice. Pick the town you would overall like better. After the first round is done, all the towns that won will advance to the next round and be drawn to face each other. This procedure will be repeated until the final round when there is only two towns left, and one town wins the tournament. If you have not been to certain towns, you can either skip some fixtures, guess which town you might prefer based on what you have heard, or take advice from other people on these forums or other friends. Anybody can enter the tournament and vote at anytime. Suppose you see this when Round 2 already starts, you can vote even if you missed Round 1. Jumping in is not only allowed but is encouraged at any time during the tournament. The more voters we have the better. In 2016, we had a total of 31 voters, and in 2018 we had 37. Hopefully we can have even more voters with this tournament!!! Each round will have a deadline that I will post as soon as I post the fixtures for each round. Approximately, every round will last about one week. So we expect this tournament to be done sometime in Late May or Early June.

In the 2014 Tournament, I remember that quite a few people complained about fixtures not being fair. I am sorry about this, but in a tournament, you will never have fair fixtures, and you will see many fixtures with one town likely a clear favorite to win over another. That is just how the tournament works I'm afraid, and there is no way to get to a final round without having unfair fixtures.

One other thing to remember is because Connecticut has 169 towns, there will be a number of towns (mostly the ones that did very good in the past tournaments) that will start in Round 2 in order to even out the brackets. After Round 2, it will be all the towns still left in the tournament though. There was seeding in the sense that the towns that did the best in the previous two tournaments get to skip the first round. No ties are allowed. If there are any ties by the deadline, I will extend one day for just the fixtures that are ties, and the next person to vote on that specific fixture will be the last, and then the fixture is over.

By the way the best way to vote is probably to quote my post of fixtures, and either bold or underline the town you vote for, but you can do it any way you feel comfortable with. I will be keeping track of everyone who has been voting. In the future rounds, I will likely PM you in the middle of the week if you have not voted in a certain round yet, but have in a previous round in order to send a reminder and make sure you do not forget to keep voting. Remember you can enter at anytime, and please do vote. We want as many voters as possible. Depending on the circumstances, I could extend the deadline if I feel a need to. I also still have records of the voters from previous tournaments and plan to send PMs to those people as well. Also feel free to make comments on why you voted for a certain town in fixtures if anything is interesting or it was a tough call! We love to hear people's reasoning and opinions!

I believe I have said too much in this post, so I will stop here, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me. I request that you ask here on the forums rather than sending me a PM, so everyone can see it.

I will have all the brackets posted soon, followed by Round 1 posted on here within the next 25 minutes. Remember, the brackets are just here for you to look at. Making predictions is totally great, but remember: NO VOTING AHEAD!!!!! ONE ROUND AT A TIME! Only start voting after I post the rounds of fixtures!

I hope you are all excited and ready to vote. WHO IS EXCITED AND READY???

Old 04-03-2020, 07:28 PM

953 posts, read 583,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Hey All

So I hope you are all doing very well!!! Welcome to the fourth annual Connecticut Town Tournament!!! Most of you who have been here a while will likely remember the last Town Tournaments that I organized two years ago, and four years ago, and maybe even the first one six years ago if you have been here for that long. Here is a link to all of them if you want to go back and see:

2014: //www.city-data.com/forum/conne...hos-ready.html

2016: //www.city-data.com/forum/conne...ii-2016-a.html

2018: http:////www.city-data.com/forum/con...ii-2018-a.html

I know many of you had a lot of fun with these tournaments, especially the 2016 one. The 2016 one was extremely epic, and many of you enjoyed it so much. I promised right after the end of the 2016 tournament, that I was going to do another one in 2018, so here it is!!! And the good thing that always makes all of these tournaments different is because towns can change a little in a matter of two years, and there are always new voters who will be voting, and different towns will face each other, so there is always something new to experience every tournament.

Format: In order to change thing up and make things a little more interesting, this 2020 Tournament will be formatted a little differently than then last two. So we will start by county. Each county will have a bracket, and we vote like we did previously. The winner and the second place of each county will face off in the last 16 and then there is a new bracket until we've got the Final Round, and of course whichever town wins that final bracket will win the tournament. Instead of doing a new draw each round, I did the draw for the whole brackets earlier today. The next actual random draw will be when we have the Last 16 towns competing. Then we draw for a new bracket. Towns have been seeded due to their performance in the last two tournaments. You might notice that Connecticut has 169 towns and that's an odd number. Therefore many towns are skipping the first round and will start second round. I will post the whole brackets on here for you to get an idea of how this works. However, please NO VOTING AHEAD. ONE ROUND AT A TIME!!!

Procedures: For those of you who are new and / or might not remember the previous tournaments, let me explain the procedures. So there are many rounds. Out of 169 towns, two will face each other, and you will vote in each fixture regarding which town would be your favorite out of the two. It could be the town you would rather live in, rather vacation in, your choice. Pick the town you would overall like better. After the first round is done, all the towns that won will advance to the next round and be drawn to face each other. This procedure will be repeated until the final round when there is only two towns left, and one town wins the tournament. If you have not been to certain towns, you can either skip some fixtures, guess which town you might prefer based on what you have heard, or take advice from other people on these forums or other friends. Anybody can enter the tournament and vote at anytime. Suppose you see this when Round 2 already starts, you can vote even if you missed Round 1. Jumping in is not only allowed but is encouraged at any time during the tournament. The more voters we have the better. In 2016, we had a total of 31 voters, and in 2018 we had 37. Hopefully we can have even more voters with this tournament!!! Each round will have a deadline that I will post as soon as I post the fixtures for each round. Approximately, every round will last about one week. So we expect this tournament to be done sometime in Late May or Early June.

In the 2014 Tournament, I remember that quite a few people complained about fixtures not being fair. I am sorry about this, but in a tournament, you will never have fair fixtures, and you will see many fixtures with one town likely a clear favorite to win over another. That is just how the tournament works I'm afraid, and there is no way to get to a final round without having unfair fixtures.

One other thing to remember is because Connecticut has 169 towns, there will be a number of towns (mostly the ones that did very good in the past tournaments) that will start in Round 2 in order to even out the brackets. After Round 2, it will be all the towns still left in the tournament though. There was seeding in the sense that the towns that did the best in the previous two tournaments get to skip the first round. No ties are allowed. If there are any ties by the deadline, I will extend one day for just the fixtures that are ties, and the next person to vote on that specific fixture will be the last, and then the fixture is over.

By the way the best way to vote is probably to quote my post of fixtures, and either bold or underline the town you vote for, but you can do it any way you feel comfortable with. I will be keeping track of everyone who has been voting. In the future rounds, I will likely PM you in the middle of the week if you have not voted in a certain round yet, but have in a previous round in order to send a reminder and make sure you do not forget to keep voting. Remember you can enter at anytime, and please do vote. We want as many voters as possible. Depending on the circumstances, I could extend the deadline if I feel a need to. I also still have records of the voters from previous tournaments and plan to send PMs to those people as well. Also feel free to make comments on why you voted for a certain town in fixtures if anything is interesting or it was a tough call! We love to hear people's reasoning and opinions!

I believe I have said too much in this post, so I will stop here, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me. I request that you ask here on the forums rather than sending me a PM, so everyone can see it.

I will have all the brackets posted soon, followed by Round 1 posted on here within the next 25 minutes. Remember, the brackets are just here for you to look at. Making predictions is totally great, but remember: NO VOTING AHEAD!!!!! ONE ROUND AT A TIME! Only start voting after I post the rounds of fixtures!

I hope you are all excited and ready to vote. WHO IS EXCITED AND READY???
Sounds good! Thank you for putting in all of this effort!

Old 04-03-2020, 07:28 PM

Default Tournament Brackets:

Here are the Brackets for you to look at: (Just please No Voting Ahead)

They are in this order: Fairfield County, Hartford County, Litchfield County, Middlesex County, New Haven County, New London County, Tollannd County, Windham County
Attached Thumbnails
Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT IV (2020)-fairfield-county.jpg   Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT IV (2020)-hartford-county.jpg   Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT IV (2020)-litchfield-county.jpg   Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT IV (2020)-middlesex-county.jpg   Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT IV (2020)-new-haven-county.jpg  

Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT IV (2020)-new-london-county.jpg   Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT IV (2020)-tolland-county.jpg   Connecticut TOWN TOURNAMENT IV (2020)-windham-county.jpg  

Old 04-03-2020, 07:42 PM

Default Round 1

Round 1:

Deadline: Friday April 10th at 8:00pm Connecticut Time.

Remember you are more than welcome to comment on any fixture after voting, and say why if you want. Also making comments on other peoples votes is not only allowed but very welcome if you have something to say.

Fairfield County

Note: Westport, New Fairfield, Trumbull, Darien, Greenwich, Fairfield, Stamford, Wilton, and Ridgefield will start in Round 2.

Stratford vs Monroe

Brookfield vs Sherman

Bethel vs Redding

Shelton vs Norwalk

New Canaan vs Bridgeport

Weston vs Danbury

Newtown vs Easton

New Haven County

Note: New Haven, Branford, Guilford, Madison, and Milford will start in Round 2.

Ansonia vs North Branford

Wolcott vs Naugatuck

Waterbury vs Middlebury

Cheshire vs Woodbridge

Southbury vs Seymour

Oxford vs Beacon Falls

East Haven vs West Haven

North Haven vs Hamden

Meriden vs Wallingford

Prospect vs Bethany

Orange vs Derby

Hartford County

Note: Glastonbury, Avon, and Farmington will start in Round 2.

Hartford vs Plainville

South Windsor vs Enfield

Rocky Hill vs Bristol

West Hartford vs Windsor Locks

Marlborough vs Canton

Wethersfield vs Bloomfield

Hartland vs Berlin

Burlington vs East Windsor

East Hartford vs Manchester

Simsbury vs Suffield

Granby vs New Britain

East Granby vs Newington

Southington vs Windsor

Middlesex County

Note: Old Saybrook will start in Round 2.

Deep River vs East Haddam

Middlefield vs Durham

Middletown vs Clinton

Essex vs Westbrook

East Hampton vs Chester

Portland vs Haddam

Cromwell vs Killingworth

New London County

Note: Montville, Stonington, Old Lyme, New London, Groton, Lebanon, Waterford, Griswold, Lyme, Colchester, and East Lyme will start in Round 2.

Ledyard vs Norwich

North Stonington vs Salem

Lisbon vs Voluntown

Preston vs Bozrah

Sprague vs Franklin

Litchfield County

Note: Kent, Litchfield, Washington, New Milford, Woodbury, and Watertown will start in Round 2.

Salisbury vs Sharon

New Hartford vs Canaan

Torrington vs Plymouth

Harwinton vs Goshen

Cornwall vs Barkhamsted

Norfolk vs Thomaston

Colebrook vs Morris

Bethlehem vs Winchester

Bridgewater vs North Canaan

Roxbury vs Warren

Tolland County

Note: Columbia, Coventry, and Ellington will start in Round 2.

Stafford vs Tolland

Bolton vs Mansfield

Willington vs Vernon

Hebron vs Andover

Somers vs Union

Windham County

Note: Killingly will start in Round 2.

Woodstock vs Eastford

Thompson vs Hampton

Sterling vs Plainfield

Putnam vs Brooklyn

Windham vs Ashford

Pomfret vs Scotland

Canterbury vs Chaplin

So there we have it. I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. WHO IS EXCITED AND READY TO VOTE???

Old 04-03-2020, 08:01 PM

21,540 posts, read 30,956,091 times
Why would you do Ansonia vs North Branford and Derby vs Orange? Is there any scientific rule or is it just what was chosen?

Sorry. I can’t get behind this “my town is better than yours” in a time when everyone should be sticking together.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:10 PM

Here are Mine. Also if you are confused, here is a good example on how to vote.

Fairfield County

Note: Westport, New Fairfield, Trumbull, Darien, Greenwich, Fairfield, Stamford, Wilton, and Ridgefield will start in Round 2.

Stratford vs Monroe

Brookfield vs Sherman

Bethel vs Redding

Shelton vs Norwalk: This was a little tough. I do like the city of Norwalk and it is fun to walk around, but Shelton just has a little special feel to it.

New Canaan vs Bridgeport: You all might wonder why. This is likely an unpopular decision as New Canaan is no question the more upscale town by a lot. However, I gotta say that most parts of New Canaan are just bare, and Bridgeport has some interesting areas, like Black Rock for example. I'd never go to the beach in Bridgeport to swim or anything, but its nice looking at the coast from an urban like feeling.

Weston vs Danbury

Newtown vs Easton

New Haven County

Note: New Haven, Branford, Guilford, Madison, and Milford will start in Round 2.

Wolcott vs Naugatuck

Waterbury vs Middlebury

Cheshire vs Woodbridge

Southbury vs Seymour

Oxford vs Beacon Falls

East Haven vs West Haven

North Haven vs Hamden

Meriden vs Wallingford

Prospect vs Bethany

Orange vs Derby

Hartford County

Hartford vs Plainville

South Windsor vs Enfield: Very similar towns really. I say South Windsor, because of its proximity to other towns near by.

Rocky Hill vs Bristol

West Hartford vs Windsor Locks: West Hartford is a nice upscale suburb although I've never really been a big fan. Most of it is a little too city like for me.

Marlborough vs Canton: Marlborough is probably honestly my favorite town in the whole state that is not coastal. Well Glastonbury right next door might be a little better but only by a bit. Very nice woods in a rural area.

Hartland vs Berlin

Burlington vs East Windsor

Simsbury vs Suffield

Granby vs New Britain

East Granby vs Newington

Southington vs Windsor

Middlesex County

Middlefield vs Durham

Middletown vs Clinton

Essex vs Westbrook

East Hampton vs Chester

Portland vs Haddam

Cromwell vs Killingworth

New London County

Note: Montville, Stonington, Old Lyme, New London, Groton, Lebanon, Waterford, Griswold, Lyme, Colchester, and East Lyme will start in Round 2.

Ledyard vs Norwich: Honestly a city that has seen better days, but I still like the small city/town in the middle of many rural areas.

North Stonington vs Salem

Lisbon vs Voluntown

Preston vs Bozrah

Sprague vs Franklin

Litchfield County

Note: Kent, Litchfield, Washington, New Milford, Woodbury, and Watertown will start in Round 2.

Salisbury vs Sharon

New Hartford vs Canaan

Torrington vs Plymouth: Neither of them if I am being honest.

Harwinton vs Goshen

Cornwall vs Barkhamsted: One of my favorite parts of Litchfield county. The forest around Barkhamsted is amazing.

Norfolk vs Thomaston

Colebrook vs Morris

Bethlehem vs Winchester: I honestly feel that Winchester is a little overlooked and underrated on these forums. Its not special, but there are some nice parts of the town.

Roxbury vs Warren

Tolland County

Stafford vs Tolland

Bolton vs Mansfield

Willington vs Vernon

Hebron vs Andover

Somers vs Union

Windham County

Woodstock vs Eastford

Thompson vs Hampton

Sterling vs Plainfield

Putnam vs Brooklyn

Windham vs Ashford: Windham is one of the most run down areas of the whole state. Especially the Willimantic area.

Pomfret vs Scotland

Canterbury vs Chaplin: Not a big difference between these towns.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Why would you do Ansonia vs North Branford and Derby vs Orange? Is there any scientific rule or is it just what was chosen?

Sorry. I can’t get behind this “my town is better than yours” in a time when everyone should be sticking together.
It's all a random draw. Come on, it's not really something to try and brag about with others. It's mainly just a fun analyzation of all the different towns, and the towns you prefer. You've played in the previous ones.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:07 PM

953 posts, read 583,341 times
Looks like I get to have the first vote! (Other than Danny )

Fairfield County

Stratford vs Monroe -Very close, and I usually vote coastal, but Stratford is an overdeveloped suburb IMO. Monroe has beautiful wooded areas. But Stratford's coast made it close.

Brookfield vs Sherman - Just as pretty and more to do. Also not isolated from the rest of CT by the lake.

Bethel vs Redding - Want to feel like southern VT minutes from the Merrit? Go to Redding.

Shelton vs Norwalk - Easiest choice so far. Coastal, nicer city, hands down win.

New Canaan vs Bridgeport -Contrary to popular belief there are really nice parts to BPT. Downtown is also slowly reviving.

Weston vs Danbury - Pretty apathetic to this one.

Newtown vs Easton - My go to quiet spot.

New Haven County

Ansonia vs North Branford - Prettier, not much else to say

Wolcott vs Naugatuck - very apathetic about this one too

Waterbury vs Middlebury - Sorry but Waterbury is the most run down large city and it is at least 15 years behind even BPT in its recovery path.

Cheshire vs Woodbridge - Prettier, closer to the coast and NH.

Southbury vs Seymour - Apathetic about this one too

Oxford vs Beacon Falls - Driving up & down Route 8 has given me a very nice impression of Beacon Falls (I call this stretch "little I 93" because the rockforms look like a miniature Franconia Notch in NH).
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4524...7i13312!8i6656
One of the prettiest inland towns.

East Haven vs West Haven - Not cause I like West Haven but because I dislike 'staven.

North Haven vs Hamden - Nicer

Meriden vs Wallingford - see above

Prospect vs Bethany - Very quiet, which is a good thing for FFC, NHC, and HC

Orange vs Derby - Nicer. It's sad though - the Ansonia/Derby/Seymor area feels like it should have more.

Hartford County

Hartford vs Plainville -One of the liveliest areas in the state

South Windsor vs Enfield Slightly larger but very similar

Rocky Hill vs Bristol -Close. Do you like fossils or water slides?

West Hartford vs Windsor Locks - WeHa is one of the best towns in the state. Hands down.

Marlborough vs Canton -Prettier

Wethersfield vs Bloomfield - Oldest town; very nice historic District

Hartland vs Berlin - Can this town move to Litchfield County? Anyway it's quiet so bonus points for that in the big 3 counties

Burlington vs East Windsor - Apathetic, but Burlighton is closer to Litchfield county so a nice getaway I guess

East Hartford vs Manchester - Nicer, more independent of a city

Simsbury vs Suffield - Nicer

Granby vs New Britain - Again I like the quiet

East Granby vs Newington - Gotta commit to the Granbies

Southington vs Windsor - Closer to Hartford, Riverfront

Middlesex County

Deep River vs East Haddam - nicer

Middlefield vs Durham - Durham fair is nice

Middletown vs Clinton - IDK how to feel about Clinton.

Essex vs Westbrook - Although Essex isn't technically on the coast it basically is. Also Westbrook has the least interesting coastline in the state.

East Hampton vs Chester Very similar to Deep River and Essex - That's a good thing

Portland vs Haddam -Brownstone is nice

Cromwell vs Killingworth - Has a much better feel (quaint shoreline vs I 91)

New London County

Ledyard vs Norwich - It's a suprisingly cool city

North Stonington vs Salem -Both nice rural towns, but North Stonington is a little more accesible (and, along with Orange, one of two inland towns to have I 95!)

Lisbon vs Voluntown - Pachaug State Forest

Preston vs Bozrah -Preston Cove is nice

Sprague vs Franklin I'm pretty sure these are extremely similar towns. Basically random selection.

Litchfield County

Salisbury vs Sharon - CT's highest point!

New Hartford vs Canaan - Summer camps are nice

Torrington vs Plymouth - Both are run down but Torrington has more character and is bigger. More isolated though.

Harwinton vs Goshen

Cornwall vs Barkhamsted -Mohawk Mountain

Norfolk vs Thomaston - Another town that feels like VT (and is as cold as VT )

Colebrook vs Morris - Similar to Norfolk so that's good

Bethlehem vs Winchester - Nice little Litchfield town. Can't ask for more.

Bridgewater vs North Canaan - Bridgewater and New Milford are northern FFC. I perfer real Litchfield County.

Roxbury vs Warren - Kinda ironic given how I voted above but Roxbury has more litchfield character than Bridgewater so it passes.

Tolland County

Stafford vs Tolland - Apathetic, less isolated I think

Bolton vs Mansfield - Go huskies

Willington vs Vernon - nicer

Hebron vs Andover Closer to Route 2 and therefore the Ocean

Somers vs Union - Feels like a little bit of NH in CT (which is a good thing). Also the only town with less than 1000 people!

Windham County

Woodstock vs Eastford - Apathetic

Thompson vs Hampton - The only town in CT close enough to Boston for it to matter in this voting

Sterling vs Plainfield - slightly bigger

Putnam vs Brooklyn - Nicer

Windham vs Ashford - Similar to Waterbury Windham's got a LONG way to go, and it's not moving fast. Sorry.

Pomfret vs Scotland - Apathetic

Canterbury vs Chaplin - Less Isolated

Old 04-03-2020, 11:21 PM

21,534 posts, read 27,771,504 times
Fairfield County

Stratford vs Monroe - Stratford has Two Roads, nice beaches, Paradise Green, and great food. Monroe is fine, but generic CT suburb.

Brookfield vs Sherman

Bethel vs Redding

Shelton vs Norwalk

New Canaan vs Bridgeport - Close. I like to vote for the underdog sometimes. And I really love Black Rock. There’s a lot of history and beauty in Bridgeport and I’d love to see it resurge.

Weston vs Danbury

Newtown vs Easton

New Haven County

Wolcott vs Naugatuck

Waterbury vs Middlebury

Cheshire vs Woodbridge

Southbury vs Seymour

Oxford vs Beacon Falls

East Haven vs West Haven - better beaches

North Haven vs Hamden

Meriden vs Wallingford

Prospect vs Bethany

Orange vs Derby

Hartford County

Hartford vs Plainville

Rocky Hill vs Bristol

West Hartford vs Windsor Locks

Marlborough vs Canton

Simsbury vs Suffield

Southington vs Windsor

Middlesex County

Middlefield vs Durham

Middletown vs Clinton

Essex vs Westbrook

East Hampton vs Chester

Portland vs Haddam

Cromwell vs Killingworth

New London County

North Stonington

Litchfield County

Salisbury vs Sharon

New Hartford vs Canaan

Cornwall vs Barkhamsted

Norfolk vs Thomaston

Colebrook vs Morris

Bethlehem vs Winchester

Roxbury vs Warren

Tolland County

Bolton vs Mansfield

Hebron vs Andover

Windham County

Woodstock vs Eastford

Thompson vs Hampton

Old 04-03-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
New Canaan vs Bridgeport -Contrary to popular belief there are really nice parts to BPT. Downtown is also slowly reviving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
New Canaan vs Bridgeport - Close. I like to vote for the underdog sometimes. And I really love Black Rock. There’s a lot of history and beauty in Bridgeport and I’d love to see it resurge.
I really so agree with both of you. In the past years, Bridgeport has been known as a dump, but I really do think it is slowly reviving. Black Rock is definitely a very nice area, and while as I said I'm not sure if I would really hangout on the beaches of Bridgeport, they are fun to look at and the coastal view is nice in some areas. East End area as well has some great views. Haven't spent much time in the area so I don't really know how good the area is but the views are nice overlooking the small city. I expect it to be revived quite a bit in the next 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut