Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:55 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

garnetskies - Welcome to Connecticut. I am sure you will like it here. It will help that you have family here and will be staying with them to get to nkow the area before settling in. I am assuming that since you are in insurance, you will be relocating to the Hartford area (the Insurance Capital of the World). I would only recommmend that you pick a place to live that is near your job. We can help steer you to a good town when you find that place. Good luck and again welcome. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 11:54 AM

9 posts, read 25,613 times
AZParents,

I have not yet read through all of the replies but I too am moving from AZ to CT.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzlushn View Post
AZParents,

I have not yet read through all of the replies but I too am moving from AZ to CT.
rzlushn - Welcome to Connecticut too. Glad to here you are moving here. I am sure you will like it too. Let us know if your have any questions, we will be happy to help. Jay

Old 07-27-2007, 01:35 PM

9 posts, read 25,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
rzlushn - Welcome to Connecticut too. Glad to here you are moving here. I am sure you will like it too. Let us know if your have any questions, we will be happy to help. Jay
I'll be moving to New Haven. Right now I'm just trying to find a place to live and beat all of the Yale students back before they snatch up all of the places.

So would you say that New Haven would be a good place for a single African American woman. I'm really looking for a life outside of the bland nightlife here in AZ (everyone trying to be someone else), living off of credit cards and their looks. I hope to find stimulating conversation, lectures and GOOD food.

Options are great!

Old 07-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzlushn View Post
I'll be moving to New Haven. Right now I'm just trying to find a place to live and beat all of the Yale students back before they snatch up all of the places.

So would you say that New Haven would be a good place for a single African American woman. I'm really looking for a life outside of the bland nightlife here in AZ (everyone trying to be someone else), living off of credit cards and their looks. I hope to find stimulating conversation, lectures and GOOD food.

Options are great!
New haven has what you are looking for. It is a small city but has a lot going on. Good luck, Jay

Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,845 times
My husband and I are considering a relo to NC to get away from the high cost of living in CT. Is NC really that bad that you're heading back to CT? We've decided that we definitely want to move out of the northeast, so would love to hear more about why you're heading back.
Any insight would be great!

Old 08-03-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitaCT View Post
My husband and I are considering a relo to NC to get away from the high cost of living in CT. Is NC really that bad that you're heading back to CT? We've decided that we definitely want to move out of the northeast, so would love to hear more about why you're heading back.
Any insight would be great!
GitaCT - There was another thread on this Board on the differences between NC and CT. I believe it went on so long that the Moderator eventually closed it. Look for it and read what it has to say.

To summarize it, I think some thought that it was cheaper in NC, but depending on your situation, not as cheap as you would think. There are hidden costs that you don't realize like taxes on groceries and the need to be in a protected community (and to pay Association Fees) to protect your home investment. Some thought the schools weren't great requiring private schooling costs. Also, NC has historically been a lower wage area, so if you are counting on working there, you need to check what they are paying for your type of employment. Good luck, Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut