Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:49 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,022,184 times

Advertisements

Fairfield county -does it have a 'higher quality of life?'

Well that is a real hard to decipher question. Connecticut as a whole as a high quality of life- Fairfield county has certain intangibles that may give the illusion of a higher quality of life scenario- that is if you have the income to support it- close to NYC- upscale ambiance etc..and be willing to compete and take the risks thereof. Most of Fairfield county reminds me of the upscale parts of Southern California, and the San Francisco Bay area. The rest of Connecticut is pleasantly very different. Other parts of the state have less stress, less congestion, and less pollution. There is less 'status' consciousness but much more peace of mind.

If you are seeking less stress, a high quality of life, peace, less congestion and A NO dog eat dog life - and are new to the state-look beyond Fairfield County, unless you have the income and or assets.

Last edited by skytrekker; 02-04-2007 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,163 times
I would say New Haven has a lot to offer, Yale University, great restaurants, and culture. However, you can easily live in Milford, Orange, or Woodbridge and be a ten-fifteen minute drive away. They are all great towns.
Fairfield is nice but it's Fairfield County - higher taxes, higher home prices. I would stick to New Haven County.
I grew up in the area and would have to say my favorite town is Guilford, although the commute into New Haven could be a headache.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut