Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 07:03 AM

8 posts, read 24,779 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'll relocate to CT in June from Switzerland, and I thought that Milford or Hamden will be the two places to take in consideration (I've also looked at Milford).Yesterday a friend of mine told me about North Haven.
Is there anybody that can help me with some informations on North Haven?
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
North Haven doesn't have that much going on. A lot of industries and residential areas with many chain stores (Target, Home Depot, etc.) but not a lot of good restaurants and no nightlife to speak of. For that you would have to go to New Haven, Milford or Hamden.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,730 times
Thumbs up North Haven

I have lived in North Haven for 15 year. I love North Haven alot because of it is close to New Haven. This is great if your looking for a nightlife expreiece. If your planning to move to North Haven or East Haven let me tell you that the two towns are like Little Italy with both towns having the highest population of Italian Americans of any other town in CT and one of the highest in the country. East Haven is and North Haven is estimated to have a Italian population near 65- 70%. I dont this that people are segrated against though. North Haven is a great town right on the city line and I would recommend it to anybody.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 AM

67 posts, read 227,782 times
Depends on what you are looking for(night life, suburbs, shopping, schools, etc), where you are going to work, and how much you want to spend on(condo, apartment, house). Can you give some more particulars?

Old 06-26-2007, 08:23 PM

48 posts, read 228,516 times
North Haven is a pretty good place to live. In general i'de say its rated above east haven, hamden, north branford (neighboring towns). Im not too sure on the school system, but id guess its fairly decent. Crime doesnt seem to be of a major concern there. If your looking to nighlife, Downtown new haven is THE SPOT. Theres about 20+ bars/club in about a 2 block radius.. plus restraunts, stores and the famous YALE UNIVERSITY.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:29 PM

16 posts, read 55,775 times
I grew up in North Haven. It is a nice suburban town of middle-class people for the most part. The schools were good and usually score well on overall tests. It is about a 15 minute drive to New Haven. Not a lot going on in the town itself. I would say it is a good place to raise a family. North Branford IMO is a little more rural but still a suburb. I would say that East Haven is a little less desirable as there seems to be a little more crime and the schools aren't as great in my opinion. Hamden has nice areas and not so nice areas. I would say that the schools are on par with North Haven. Wealthier towns around the area include Woodbridge and Cheshire.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:01 AM

48 posts, read 228,516 times
From the towns listed i want to say North Haven would be the best choice. If your looking for entertainment/nightlife .. new haven is right around the corner ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut