Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:16 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,021,048 times

Advertisements

Hoppybunn

from your various posts here; you have mostly nothing really positive to say about the state of Connecticut- so I feel it is fair to say you have a huge chip on your shoulder- and the information you provided is obviously biased and subjective. Just about every post you have made here is negative- so with this post- should we believe these posts regarding this thread are any more balanced or fair then the others?

Last edited by skytrekker; 06-16-2008 at 11:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,021,048 times
Just A note:

I think its fair to say CT has a small but growing Latino population, which is thriving in our state. However we do not have the large population of Latino's demographically as Texas, Florida or California- or New Mexico. I think its grossly unfair to compare those states much bigger Latino populations accomplishments with our far smaller population of those with Latin background in CT. Any attempt to critique this state in a negative light, regarding this issue is subjective and unfair.

Patterns of settlement are changing with many Latino's moving beyond the smaller Latino neighborhoods of the past, and settling in all towns throughout the state.

Any attempt to infer that racism, bigotry exists as to the settlement of Latins in the state of CT, for employment opportunities- etc or to suggest bigotry of any type is accepted here will not be tolerated . Any such claims are opinion- and lack factual data.

Negative remarks against any minority group- be they African American, Gay, Latino or Asian will be quickly deleted, and those members given infractions or banned.

Last edited by skytrekker; 06-16-2008 at 12:41 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 09:47 PM

49 posts, read 300,364 times
It's State Road 7. maybe it's Rte 7 ? all i know is i take Rte 55 n NYS to SR 7 or Rte 7. it take me to Milford, Stew Leonards, etc.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:51 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattinyc510 View Post
It's State Road 7. maybe it's Rte 7 ? all i know is i take Rte 55 n NYS to SR 7 or Rte 7. it take me to Milford, Stew Leonards, etc.
Do you mean New Milford?

Old 06-17-2008, 06:37 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Yes it is Route 7 and Stew Leonards is on Federal Road in Danbury or on westport avenue (Route 1 ) in Norwalk. And New Milford is north of Danbury, while Milford is on the shore near New Haven. Jay

Old 06-17-2008, 02:22 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia9 View Post
Hello all,

My husband's job might take him to NYC. Thankfully, our family has been blessed and we've enjoyed a substantial income and upscale living. We are looking for the same lifestyle up north and because of its reputation we are considering moving to Fairfield county. Also, we want to continue to live in a house as opposed to an apartment in the city.
Currently we live in a very seclusive community in Miami and prior to here, we lived in a similar affluent section of Houston.
Our main concern however, is that there doesn't seem to be much ethnic diversity in the more desirable towns of CT. We are a hispanic family and don't want our kids to be the only latinos in school. Both of the communities that we have lived in so far have had a substantial amount wealthy latino families, this doesn't seem to be the case in CT. I know there are pockets of hispanic communities in certain cities up there, but they are not the type of areas we are looking for.
Any suggestions on where we might find an upscale community with a hispanic population? or is CT just not for us?
You won't find that type of neighborhood in Connecticut. You need to keep in mind that Florida and Texas are a lot closer to Latin America than New England is, and CT simply does not have the long-term, established Latino presence that many places in those states do. It's simple geography.

A majority of the Hispanics that live in Fairfield County are first and second generation and from working-class families. Give it some more time and many people from these families will become established and may start their own wealthy enclaves, but it is too early at this point.

Last edited by brattpowered; 06-17-2008 at 02:38 PM..

Old 08-14-2008, 02:27 PM

269 posts, read 607,647 times
The only ism I've seen consistently is classism. If you are wealthy and educated you will fit in fine in upscale parts of CT regardless of race, sex or sexual preference.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:13 AM

6 posts, read 36,823 times
Claudia 9: If you are interested in finding a nice suburb that has a fairly sizable Latino community and good schools... you might want to look at New Rochelle right across the border from Connecticut in Westchester County. Although the Hispanic population is significantly poorer than the non-Hispanic White population, New Rochelle is definitely integrated and has many beautiful neighborhoods in the the Northern section of the town. mod cut: link removed

And the moderator is right....Connecticut is a beautiful state... third richest in the nation (after Maryland and New Jersey). This is a state that tries to do the right thing most of the time!

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-01-2008 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: sorry, you can't promote your own website on the board.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 AM

4 posts, read 10,565 times
If you need help looking for house or a rental free to call me! I am a realtor that knows this area well!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:47 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelisse123 View Post
If you need help looking for house or a rental free to call me! I am a realtor that knows this area well!
Out of curiousity, what neighborhood in Fairfield County meets the OP's parameters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut