Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM

371 posts, read 1,562,451 times

Advertisements

Is it a big town? How are the schools? Is there any diversity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 08:01 PM

3 posts, read 9,965 times
Branford is not a big town. It's the first shoreline town, very nice in the summer, but the traffic is horrendous from all of the visitors/tourists. There is one high school. Not much diversity. You can check the stats and see that Branford is below the CT average of ethnic makeup.

I've been here for two years and absolutely love it, especially in the summer. It's right next to Guilford, which has the largest town green in CT. Plenty of shops in downtown Branford, you've got the beaches, great seafood. It's a wonderful New England town.

Like I said earlier, the only thing that sucks is the traffic during the summer months. But, in the winter there is almost none.

Hope that helps!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 AM

21,529 posts, read 30,936,665 times
Branford is a medium-sized town just east of New Haven. There are middle class sections as well as very wealthy sections. The exclusive Thimble Islands hold a Branford address.

I have a boat that I keep at Bruce & Johnson's Marina in Branford and often spend my weekends there when I have time. I love the town. The people are friendly, schools (from what I gather) are great, and those who live in town seem to enjoy life there. The town is laid back compared to areas west of New Haven, as even the wealthy in Branford are outgoing and friendly (from my experience).

There is an abundance of excellent restaurants, ranging from P&M for very good NY style pizza, to Assaggios, delis, hibachi, etc.

If you are considering a move there, you will enjoy the town. I think you are currently in Danbury from reading your previous posts, and having lived in Danbury myself, you will welcome the refreshing air of Branford. It's a great town.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:32 PM

34,642 posts, read 56,419,084 times
Branford schools are considered to be very good. Review the information on the link below for more. Jay

Strategic School Profiles by District

Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 PM

371 posts, read 1,562,451 times
Thank you all for responding! I do live in Danbury but we are closing on a house next week in New Fairfield...I have a friend whose sister lives in Branford and I was just trying to get an idea of what kind of town it was..since her sister had no clue...it does sound like a beautiful place I will have to convince my husband to take a ride there and look around I love visiting new towns in CT that we've never been too. Thanks again for the info....nice that it is near the shore.....who wouldn't want that??

Old 06-27-2008, 03:10 PM

66 posts, read 215,932 times
IF you do decide to take a drive to Branford, try the Thimble Islands tour -- great way to see the shoreline. Tours operate all summer long. I don't remember the exact web site address but easy enough to just Google Thimble Islands.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:15 PM

49 posts, read 199,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstetinin View Post
IF you do decide to take a drive to Branford, try the Thimble Islands tour -- great way to see the shoreline. Tours operate all summer long. I don't remember the exact web site address but easy enough to just Google Thimble Islands.
I agree. I posted the links to both the cruises that tour the thimbles in the things to do in CT thread. here they are. I copied and pasted them from my post in that thread.

The Sea Mist: Sea Mist site (http://www.thimbleislandcruise.com/index.html - broken link)
The Volsunga: Volsunga site

I was born and raised in Branford and still live there. I absolutely love it. come for a visit. you'll enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut