Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 11:28 AM
sor sor started this thread

14 posts, read 63,098 times

Advertisements

does anyone live on skokorat road off of route 67 near the new baker homes on 1 rolling hills drive? How is the neighborhood, friendly to new comers, taxes in the area, safe, low crime rate, lots of activites for children,how is the school bus service for chatfield paul and seymour elementary school on time?

Can anyone give me any information about the area please? Also the morning commute to bridgeport by car how is the traffic? HOW IS THE PARKING IN BRIDGEPORT NEAR THE TRAIN STATION IF COMMUTING TO NYC.HOW MUCH IS THE MONTHLY PARKING AND HOW LONG IS THE WAIT FOR A PARKING PASS. iS PARKING DIFFICULT IN THE MORNINGS?

IS IT EASIER TO DRIVE TO WATERBURY THAN TO BRIDGEPORT FROM SEYMOUR TO AVOID THE TRAFFIC AND IS PARKING EASIER IN WATERBURY THAN BRIDGEPORT .
I CHECKED METRONORTH AND THE MONTHLY PASS FROM BRIDGEPORT TO NYC IS $356 ARE THEIR ANY DISCOUNTS OUT THERE?

Last edited by sor; 07-14-2008 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: SKOKORAT ROAD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 PM

271 posts, read 1,278,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
I CHECKED METRONORTH AND THE MONTHLY PASS FROM BRIDGEPORT TO NYC IS $356 ARE THEIR ANY DISCOUNTS OUT THERE?

The monthly pass from BPORT is $336.

Check with your employer in NYC if they offer TransitChek.

CT offers this program:
Commuter Tax Benefit

Don't drive to Waterbury, either take the train from Seymour or a station further south on route 8 (Brideport being the best option). The Metro-North website says you can call 203-881-7600 for info on parking at the Seymour Station.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:45 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,686,936 times
Default welcome to the neighborhood

OK to be clear~ I've said it before ~ Now I'm not giving out our our address, but if you choose to come here ~ welcome to the neighborhood.

My nephew had the pm kindergarten last year (in Seymour kindergarten is 1/2 day ~ either am or pm) and had to sit on the bus 45 mins until his class started. My in-laws drove him to school after just a few days of that. The normal school bus hours are right before & after school.

Skokorat itself is a busy road!!!!!! Rolling Hills is trying to get out of their deal with the town. They want to switch phase 2 of their development from 52 more single family homes on .4acres +/- each into 360 townhouse condos in huge strip buildings. The board of selectmen has vowed to stop this at all costs. The road can NOT handle the volume of cars. Many older homes on Skokorat have very small lots; to widen the road would be to bring the street right to many homes front doors!!! Not at all feasible!
Also, kids walk to school on Skokorat. Much of Skokorat does not have sidewalks or crosswalks. Skokorat is already a cut through from Seymour to Beacon Falls. Adding the 700 +/- cars that a potential 360 condos could bring would devestate this neighborhood. Especially if they went in and out more than once per day. And the existing homes in Phase 1 of Rolling Hills would be on roads that would become cut throughs roads to the Phase 2 condos. Speeding is already a problem, we don't want to see it get worse.

If they don't break their deal - Then wow. Yes - Rolling Hills is beautiful.
Skokorat and all the surrounding streets are great neighborhoods. Kids Play. Neighbors talk, walk, ride bikes, push strollers, mow lawns, plant flowers, it is great

Old 07-14-2008, 02:30 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourct View Post
Adding the 700 +/- cars that a potential 360 condos could bring would devestate this neighborhood. Especially if they went in and out more than once per day. And the existing homes in Phase 1 of Rolling Hills would be on roads that would become cut throughs roads to the Phase 2 condos. Speeding is already a problem, we don't want to see it get worse.
Not to mention how Route 67 would be affected by this. I have seen the back-up in that area during rush hour at that intersection and it does not look fun. Adding even half of your suggested 700 cars would make Seymour a traffic nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut